In Episode 22, millennial moms Elle and Miriam talk to their children about making realistic and practical goals. While it is the new year and resolutions are popular, it is also a time of reflection and planning. It is never too early for a person to start the art of goal setting. Feel free to chime in below to let us know how you feel about this topic or if you have future topic suggestions.
Support This Podcast
The African proverb for this week’s podcast:
“What you help a child to love can be more important than what you help him to learn.”
Word of the Episode (1:24)
Afehyia paaaaa (ah-fee-she-ah pah-ah!) means a good meeting with the year in Twi and it’s the phrase that people who speak Twi say instead of Happy New Year.
Cleverly Cultured Kids (1:57)
Do you have a vision for yourself, when you close your eyes, where are you? What do you want to accomplish? How do you see yourself? These questions are a great way for parents to sit down with their kids and get them started on thinking about and planning for the future.
Grown Folks Convo (9:51)
So here’s the truth, last year we did not complete 100% of everything on our goals list, but we definitely came close. Listen in as we discuss the future and the importance of positive words and leaving fear behind you. We’re talking about total person empowerment for both parents and children.
Have you found a resource that perfectly helps you prepare for homeschool review time? If so, share it in the comment section below.
- Reading Log
- PE Log
- Field Trip Log
- Free Garden Science Unit
- Tips on how to put the portfolio together
- Here is a link to some of our cost-effective resources
We Need You To Share This Podcast
Also, please tell your friends about our podcast. While we love having a conversation with each other, we truly want to build a community with great resources and information. If you know someone who has children, tell them. Our tips and tricks are beneficial to parents who homeschool and those who are interested in supplementing the education of their children.
Furthermore, wherever you are listening to this podcast, please leave us a review.
Share this Podcast on Pinterest
Listen to and Share Past Episodes
Lastly, if you want to hear more about homeschooling and how we have managed to make it work, please check out our past episodes. Also, where ever you listen to our podcast please leave us a review.
- Episode 21 – The Process of Keeping A Homeschool Portfolio Ep 21
- Episode 20 – Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help
- Episode 19 – College Counselor Jewel Walwyn Talks Planning for the Future
- Episode 18 – How to Get your Homeschooler Ready for College
- Episode 17 – Questions from Our Listeners
- Episode 16 – Learn to Love Math
- Episode 15 – Are You Comfortable Homeschooling
- Episode 14 – Starting a New School Year
- Episode 13 – Homeschooling As A Family
- Episode 12 – Protecting our Children part 2
- Episode 11 – Protecting Our Kids from predators
- Episode 10 – The Cleverly Cultured Kids Discuss Discipline
- Episode 9 – Important Health Tips for Kids and Families
- Episode 8 – How to Handle Stress While Homeschooling
- Episode 7 – How Do You Discipline Children?
- Episode 6 – Transitioning to Homeschool
- Episode 5 – Homeschool Coops and Support
- Episode 4 – Answers to Your Questions (Paper Vs. Computer)
- Episode 3 – Our Educational Experience
- Episode 2 – Homeschooling and Unschooling
- Episode 1 – Resolutions
Also, you can also follow our social channels:
Subscribe to the Cleverly Changing Podcast
Additional directories:SoundCloud | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Stitcher | TuneIn
On Monday’s I speak with Author and Historian ...