In today’s show, we are discussing college readiness with a college counselor who is a new homeschool mom. We find out more about the college admissions process and how to transition homeschoolers into thinking more about life and career goals. Please share this episode with all parents.
The African proverb for this week’s podcast goes as follows (01:12):
“A person who desires to rise must stay awake.” – Swahili proverb
Word of the Episode (1:36)
Akwaaba means welcome. The word comes from the Akan language of Twi.
Cleverly Cultured Kids (1:57)
If higher education is important to you, it’s never too early to start planting seeds about college. In this episode, I ask my children questions about college and I share my personal college experience with them.
Grown Folks Talk With College Counselor Jewel Walwyn (7:52)
Today’s guest is college counselor Jewel Walwyn. Jewel started counseling middle and high school students over 19 years ago. She is the founder of Walwyn Educational consulting. She knows students, colleges, and the world of college admissions. After graduating from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in English and a Master’s in Education, she began working as Assistant Director of Admissions at a private college in Virginia. Her years of experience lend to an array of presentations, offering expertise in the college process, testing, financial aid, and scholarships to a variety of audiences.
Thus, Jewel’s expertise is unparalleled in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia areas so enjoy our conversation and if you have questions about her services, follow her here:
Walwyn Educational Consulting offers the following college counseling services:
- College Admissions guidance
- Summer Programs
- College Tours
- School Consulting
Connect with Walwyn Educational Consulting:
- Instagram – WalwynEdConsulting
- Facebook – Walwyn Educational Consulting
- Website – www.walwyneducationalconsulting.com
In addition, do you have college counselor questions for Jewel when we have her on the podcast again? If so, place your questions in the comment section below?
Take Advantage of this Special Offer
We Need You To Share This Podcast
I need a favor, in order for this podcast to continue I need you to tell your friends and aquaintances about it. While we love having a conversation with each other, the podcast will only be able to exist if more people are listening. Therefore, if you know some who has children, our tips and tricks are beneficial to parents who homeschool and those who are interested in supplementing the education of their children.
Furthermore, wherever you are listening to this podcast, please leave us a review.
Listen to and Share Past Episodes
Lastly, if you want to hear more about homeschooling and how we have managed to make it work, please check out our past episodes.
- Episode 18 – How to Get your Homeschooler Ready for College
- Episode 17 – Questions from Our Listeners
- Episode 16 – Learn to Love Math
- Episode 15 – Are You Comfortable Homeschooling
- Episode 14 – Starting a New School Year
- Episode 13 – Homeschooling As A Family
- Episode 12 – Protecting our Children part 2
- Episode 11 – Protecting Our Kids from predators
- Episode 10 – The Cleverly Cultured Kids Discuss Discipline
- Episode 9 – Important Health Tips for Kids and Families
- Episode 8 – How to Handle Stress While Homeschooling
- Episode 7 – How Do You Discipline Children?
- Episode 6 – Transitioning to Homeschool
- Episode 5 – Homeschool Coops and Support
- Episode 4 – Answers to Your Questions (Paper Vs. Computer)
- Episode 3 – Our Educational Experience
- Episode 2 – Homeschooling and Unschooling
- Episode 1 – Resolutions
Also, you can also follow our social channels:
Subscribe to the Cleverly Changing Podcast
Additional directories:SoundCloud | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Stitcher | TuneIn
Podcast: Play in new window | Download In ...