Discipline is a topic that goes beyond the classroom and homeschooling, but it is important for parents to figure out which techniques work best for them and their children. Discipline is the art of teaching your child right or wrong based on your rules, values, and standards.
Word of the Episode (3:48)
Cleverly Cultured Kids (4:15)
Listen to Aamira talk about dealing with distractions.
Grown Folks Talk (6:00)
Discipline is not something any parent really wants to dole out, but it is a necessary part of parenting. Every household is different, and no matter your style of parenting and loving discipline, we all want our children to be responsible, productive and moral beings. As responsible parents our guidance and nurturing will help them learn how to navigate this world and all of its many wonders, pitfalls, learning opportunities and personalities.
- Miriam’s style of discipline and how she handles misbehaving in her “no spank” household despite being raised with “whoopings.”
- Elle’s style of discipline in her “no spank” household and the story of “The Two Carolines.”
- Miriam’s ideas on respect and children challenging the authority of adults.
- Elle’s “Free Zone/Kid Spaces” theory.
- Miriam’s family experiment. And the way family dynamics can affect disciplinary measures and behaviors.
- 1-2-3 Magic method of discipline.
- The importance of support when disciplining children. And setting expectations.
- Why open communication is so imperative in managing your children’s growth.
- The 3 Types of Discipline and how they apply to teaching your children.
- Disciplinary tactics and implementing consequences.
Listener Question (41:41)
Keeping focus and dealing with distractions.
Past Podcast Episodes and Show Notes
- Episode 6 – Transitioning to Homeschool
- Episode 5 – Homeschool Coops and Support
- Episode 4 – Answers to Your Questions (Paper Vs. Computer)
- Episode 3 – Our Educational Experience
- Episode 2 – Homeschooling and Unschooling
- Episode 1 – Resolutions
Also, you can also follow our social channels:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Sometimes ...