In Episode 21, millennial moms Elle and Miriam share their process for keeping a homeschool portfolio. What is a homeschool portfolio? In the state of Maryland, parents who homeschool are typically expected to keep a portfolio of their child/children’s work. The portfolio is a collection of work that a child completes each week while under the parents’ and tutors’ instruction.
Support This Podcast
The African proverb for this week’s podcast goes as follows:
“What a good person is looking for is doing good deeds.” This is a Swahili Proverb
Word of the Episode (1:18)
Medase means thank you in the Ghanaian language, Twi.
Cleverly Cultured Kids (1:44)
Sometimes our kids just want to express themselves and we have to take the time out of our busy schedules to listen.
A List of Apps Mentioned
- Prodigy – Math games
- Star Walk 2 – An interactive astronomy guide
- Photo Math – Take a picture of your math problem and this app will show you the answer and steps to get the answer
- Little Alchemy 2 – Science game full of exciting creations
- YouTube Kids – Different subjects
- Brain Pop – Different subjects with videos, games, worksheets and more
- Kindle Books – Purchase and download books to read
- Duo Lingo – Language learning for free
- Sound Cloud – Listening app for music, podcasts and more
- Spotify – Listening app for music, podcasts and more
- Minecraft Earth
- TicTok – Follow “@Enveme_Sis”
- Code Parade
- Bazaart app
- Egg Ink
- Tomb of the Mask (has too many ads)
Grown Folks Convo (15:23)
In this episode co-hosts Elle and Miriam discuss how they feel about keeping a portfolio and meeting with the state to discuss their children’s work twice a year. Here is a link to the COMAR Guidelines.
Have you found a resource that perfectly helps you prepare for homeschool review time? If so, share it in the comment section below.
- Reading Log
- PE Log
- Fieldtrip Log
- Free Garden Science Unit
- Tips on how to put the portfolio together
- Here is a link to some of our cost-effective resources
We Need You To Share This Podcast
Also, please tell your friends about our podcast. While we love having a conversation with each other, the podcast will only be able to exist if more people are listening. If you know some who has children, our tips and tricks are beneficial to parents who homeschool and those who are interested in supplementing the education of their children.
Furthermore, wherever you are listening to this podcast, please leave us a review.
Listen to and Share Past Episodes
Lastly, if you want to hear more about homeschooling and how we have managed to make it work, please check out our past episodes. Also where ever you listen to our podcast please leave us a review.
- Episode 20 – Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help
- Episode 19 – College Counselor Jewel Walwyn Talks Planning for the Future
- Episode 18 – How to Get your Homeschooler Ready for College
- Episode 17 – Questions from Our Listeners
- Episode 16 – Learn to Love Math
- Episode 15 – Are You Comfortable Homeschooling
- Episode 14 – Starting a New School Year
- Episode 13 – Homeschooling As A Family
- Episode 12 – Protecting our Children part 2
- Episode 11 – Protecting Our Kids from predators
- Episode 10 – The Cleverly Cultured Kids Discuss Discipline
- Episode 9 – Important Health Tips for Kids and Families
- Episode 8 – How to Handle Stress While Homeschooling
- Episode 7 – How Do You Discipline Children?
- Episode 6 – Transitioning to Homeschool
- Episode 5 – Homeschool Coops and Support
- Episode 4 – Answers to Your Questions (Paper Vs. Computer)
- Episode 3 – Our Educational Experience
- Episode 2 – Homeschooling and Unschooling
- Episode 1 – Resolutions
Also, you can also follow our social channels:
Subscribe to the Cleverly Changing Podcast
Additional directories:SoundCloud | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Stitcher | TuneIn
Share this Podcast on Pinterest
April Simpkins, mother of late former Miss USA to Present at Volunteer Leaders’ Business Meeting General Session Oxen Hill, MD. (Nov. 17, ...
During this episode we share how the VELA fund is supporting educational entrepreneurs. They specifically specialize educational experiences that are out ...
During this episode we will share and discuss ...