2020 is shaping up to be a record-breaking year in every way. If Covid-19 wasn’t jarring enough, we are now dealing with rebellions and protests after several deaths of unarmed black men.[Warning!] Episode 34 discusses sensitive topics that may not be suitable for your younger children; especially, if you have not had the discussion of police brutality or racism with them yet. As a result, we have chosen to omit the Cleverly Cultured Kids segment in today’s episode.
Today’s African proverb is
“We are born from the womb of our mother; we are buried in the womb of the earth”
– from Liberia
Word of the Episode (2:35)
Matumaini means hope in Swahili.
About today’s Sponsor Play Black Wallstreet
Today’s episode is brought to you by Black Wall Street The Board Game and Play Black Wall Street Academy, This site supports the education of financial literacy for black families. Visit PlayBlackWallStreet.com to learn more about the history of Black Wall St, the riots that destroyed the community, and the legacy that is now left. Please use the discount code: “CLEVERLY” for 25% off sitewide (* the discount cannot be used in combination with any other discount).
Grown Folks Discuss Race Relations and Civil Rights (8:36)
In episode 34 I sat down with Nia a college student with 4 younger brothers. She talked to me about what she thought about today’s race relations.
Resources to Help Parents Discuss Race With Their Children
- 6 Things I want my Brown Children to Know
- I’m Tired of Being Angry
- How To Talk To Your Kids About Race And Being Anti-Racist
We Need You To Share This Podcast and Support Us
Also, please tell your friends about our podcast. While we love having a conversation with each other, the podcast will only be able to exist if more people are listening. If you know some who has children, our tips and tricks are beneficial to parents who homeschool and those who are interested in supplementing the education of their children.
Furthermore, wherever you are listening to this podcast, please leave us a review.
In addition, to keep the podcast going consider becoming a monthly supporter through our Patreon page visit our secure page: Patreon.com/CleverlyChanging.
Listen to and Share Past Episodes
Lastly, if you want to hear more about homeschooling and how we have managed to make it work, please check out our past episodes.
- Episode 16 – Learn to Love Math
- Episode 15 – Are You Comfortable Homeschooling
- Episode 14 – Starting a New School Year
- Episode 13 – Homeschooling As A Family
- Episode 12 – Protecting our Children part 2
- Episode 11 – Protecting Our Kids from predators
- Episode 10 – The Cleverly Cultured Kids Discuss Discipline
- Episode 9 – Important Health Tips for Kids and Families
- Episode 8 – How to Handle Stress While Homeschooling
- Episode 7 – How Do You Discipline Children?
- Episode 6 – Transitioning to Homeschool
- Episode 5 – Homeschool Coops and Support
- Episode 4 – Answers to Your Questions (Paper Vs. Computer)
- Episode 3 – Our Educational Experience
- Episode 2 – Homeschooling and Unschooling
- Episode 1 – Resolutions
Thanks Trend Micro for sponsoring this episode. However, ...