UPDATE!!! Enough signatures were collected.
The following post is from the SCDAA & SCD Community in order for this bill to past there needs to be 93,006 signatures by October 22, 2014. We need you to act fast, many more signatures are needed.
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Declare Sickle Cell Disease a national health priority and support legislation to expand and establish SCD programs.
Dear President Obama,
Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) is Real!
SCD is a major public health concern causing critical healthcare impacts in the nation.
Reauthorization of the Sickle Cell Treatment Act – Bill H.R. 5124 will expand the national newborn screening program, develop a comprehensive adult transition program, continue public surveillance, expand research efforts and establish up to 25 sickle cell treatment centers throughout the US all in an effort to support the creation of a sustainable comprehensive model of care for individuals affected by SCD.
We request acknowledgement and declaration of SCD as a national health priority; support of legislative Bill-H.R. 5124 and return funding for SCD programs in the President’s budget.
SCDAA & SCD Community
sicklecelldisease.orgPLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION!
Learn more, check out my #30forSickleCell Posts below:
- September is National Sickle Cell Awareness Month
- #30forSickleCell Know Your Sickle Cell Trait Status
- Sickle Cell – A Parent’s Perspective #30forSickleCell
- Sickle Cell – A Hematologist’s Perspective
- Sickle Cell: A Firsthand Look at T.J. Brown’s Holistic Experience
- Sickle Cell: Erase the Shame and End the Silence #30forSickleCell
- How Can Family Members Support Someone With Sickle Cell? #30forSickleCell
- Can a Biracial Person Have Sickle Cell Anemia? #30forSickleCell
- 5 Myths About Sickle Cell Disease Debunked #30forSickleCell
- The Inside Story: Growing up with Sickle Cell
- Sickle Cell: The Truth about The Trait #30ForSickleCell
- Sickle Cell: Any day without pain is a good day! #30forSickleCell
- Beating The Odds #30forSickleCell
- Sickle Cell and Accomplishing Big Dreams #30forSickleCell
- How can I learn more about Sickle Cell? #30forSickleCell
- Health Moment: Bold Lips for Sickle Cell Challenge
- Beating The Odds #30forSickleCell
- Sickle Cell Disease – The Truth About the Cure #30forSickleCellHouse Calls with Dr. Mac discusses Sickle Cell #30forsicklecell
- Highlights from the 2014 Stomp Out Sickle Cell Walk #30forSickleCell
- Making A Difference in the Lives of Patients #30forSickleCell
- 5 Ways to Maintain The Right Attitude #30forSickleCell
- Learn more about how people are affected by Sickle Cell Disease #30forSickleCell
- Donate to a Charity While Shopping #30forSickleCell
- 7 Tips For Managing Sickle Cell #30forSickleCell
- 2014 Upcoming Sickle Cell events
During this episode we share how the VELA fund is supporting educational entrepreneurs. They specifically specialize educational experiences that are out ...
During this episode we will share and discuss how music is great for learning and boosts a child’s self-esteem. Every culture ...
Where did the summer months go? If you feel that summer felt way too short this year, we concur 100%. This ...
My Special Aflac Duck is fantastic for children and their caregivers. Don't just take my word for it. Watch this video to get a better understanding of the duck and how it’s already making a difference.
Have you heard anyone say sickle cell is a disease only black people get? This statement is a myth, in fact, ...
Sickle Cell Caregivers are invited to an online ...