When the day came for the Christopher Robin Red Carpet Premiere, the palm trees swayed in the warm breeze and paparazzi decorated the red carpet with their flashing lights. While celebrities, dressed with summer in mind, posed for photographs with their family members and friends. The red carpet was natural and rustic. In fact, it was reminiscent of the Hundred Acre Woods we grew to love in the Winnie the Pooh books. The red carpet wrapped around Walt Disney Studios walkway. The atmosphere immediately seemed laid back when the stuffed animals: Piglet Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger, sat in lawn chairs.
There was soft chatter, in the air, about the Christopher Robin movie and all of the lovable characters we have come to admire.
About the film and characters who attended the Christopher Robin Red Carpet Premiere
Ewan McGregor plays Christopher Robin, the main character of the movie. This much anticipated film is different from other Winnie the Pooh films because the movie focuses on Robin as an adult. The goal of the movie is to portray how Pooh’s friendship has withstood the test of time and he helps Robin find meaning in his life as he relates to his family and co-workers.
The film is emotional with tons of wisdom such as “Always remember… You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” Thus the anticipation of seeing Robin, the husband, father, and friend to Pooh on the red carpet was intense. Ewan McGregor looked like a dapper rock star in his classic black suite with white shoes, which is very different from the 1940s character he plays in Christopher Robin.
Hayley Atwell who plays one of the characters introduced in the film, Evelyn Robin, the wife of Christopher. Her red carpet dress was light and whimsical. She was easily on of my favorite characters in the movie because she was a hard working mother who wanted her husbands attention and affection, but did not nag or badger him to get what she desired.
Bronte Carmichael’s is another new character that we meet in the movie, Madeline Robin, the daughter of Christopher. Her red dress reminded me of Pooh’s sweater but much more elegant and she looked beautiful and enchanting. In the movie, Madeline wants to spend time with her dad, but he is too busy with work to give her the adequate time she desires.
Seeing the cast members together as great, they all looked happy.
Jim Cummings is immensely talented and does the vocal performance of Pooh and Tigger.
Seeing Brad Garrett, in person was incredible, he is sooo . . . tall. In the movie he plays the gloomy Eeyore.
Myself and the other bloggers who were invited eagerly anticipated seeing the different actors and actresses from the movie.
The décor and props at the Christopher Robin Red Carpet Premiere took everyone there to the main setting of the movie, the Hundred Acre Woods.
There were so many moments that I could write about, but here are my top 5:
- Long time Disney Legends and composers, the Sherman Brothers, were honored at the Christopher Robin premiere. Richard Sherman attended the dedication of the new Sherman Stage. The late Robert Sherman, used to work with Mr. Walt Disney himself, and he and his brother Richard Sherman wrote almost all of the many iconic Disney songs (like “It’s a Small World”) over the years.
- It wouldn’t feel like we were at Walt Disney Studios if we didn’t get a chance to see Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- We were able to Sign the Christopher Robin a digital screen, which looked like a guest book. This moment really helped make everything official.
- Seeing the entire cast from Christopher Robin together in-person was surreal. Mainly because the movie takes the viewers back in time, but to the characters as regular people in our society today, they looked completely different.
- Lastly, we were able to visit the Disney Animation Studios where we saw just how movies are made as well as what’s new in technology for movie marketing and promotion.
How did the night end?
The night ended with all guest having a chance to watch Christopher Robin, which enters theaters on August 3. When the movie ended the roar of clapping entered the air, hopefully made director Marc Forster proud.
Overall, my time at the Christopher Robin Red Carpet Premiere was a very memorable experience. I enjoyed watching the movie. The best part was seeing some of the behind the scenes aspects of the movie making process. Next, I enjoyed watching the celebrities sit with their families and interact with their families. Everyone was so nice and the experience was surreal. So, reserve your tickets today. Christopher Robin” debuts in theaters August 3.
Watch the trailer above to find about more about the movie.
I was so excited about the chance to attend. You can read about it in my post:
According to the Pew Research Center, roughly half of ...