We ran out of Vegan Mayo and I didn’t have time to go to the store to purchase more. With little time, before lunch, I decided to make my own. I’ve watched cooking shows where someone made real Mayonaise with eggs and so I thought vegan mayo should be just as simple and it was.
- This vegan mayo does not taste like real Mayo (the kind with eggs). It tastes more like Vegenaise or Nayonaise, but not the exact same. I enjoyed it best after it was refrigerated overnight.
- I used our Vitamix to make this recipe, but according to my research the best tool to use would be a hand wand blender. The cleanup for the Vitamix was a little bit harder than usual.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinger
- 1/4 tsp agave nectar
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 1/8 tsp, of pepper (optional)
- ¼ tsp, of onion powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp, of garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 a tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil (You can also use other types of oil such as canola or soybean oil)
Total preparation time (30 seconds or until thickened) in a Vitamix.
Place ingredients 1-9 in the blender and slower add the olive oil into the blender while the mixture is mixing.
A special thank you to the Vegan Epicurean , I adapted my recipe above following the guidelines from her recipe.
This post was shared in partnership with Adagio ...