I partnered with Valvoline Instant Oil Change for this project to help support Breast Cancer research.
When you hear the words breast cancer what immediately comes to mind? For me, it’s the following words:
Breast cancer has affected so many families and communities across the nation. You may know someone who has or had breast cancer or you may have a friend or family member whose life has been directly touched by it. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and throughout the month you can visit Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) and purchase windshield wiper blades to help Support Breast Cancer Research.
5 Breast Cancer Statistics You Should Know
- About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12.4%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women.
- In women under 45, breast cancer is more common in African-American women than white women.
- About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer.
- A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000. (“U.S. Breast Cancer Statistics | Breastcancer.Org”)
My Personal Connection
Growing up my mom’s two oldest sisters endured breast cancer. As a kid, I remember not understanding their cancer diagnosis, but I thought because it’s the c-word, it would be terminal. When I was 7 years old, my first aunt, lost her battle. My mom’s second oldest sister went into remission several times but passed when I was 24 years old. They were smart, strong, beautiful women and cancer took their lives way too soon. Now, I try to support companies that are making a difference so women and their families can tell survival stories and enjoy life together.
Pink Wipers Support Breast Cancer Research
As the year comes to an end, I’m sure you’re thinking about which charities you can contribute to. I encourage you to get new wipers and support breast cancer research by purchasing your new blades at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Five percent of each wiper blades purchased throughout October will go towards breast cancer research.
For this promotion, there are two types of wiper blades you can purchase at VIOC.
- Pink wipers that are all weather blades. They keep your windows clear while letting others know you support the cause.
- Black wipers with a small pink ribbon that are all-weather blades (for those who might want a more subtle look).
The two sets of wipers that VIOC sells are as follows: (info from VIOC)
- The ultimate for all-season performance
- Wind- and weather-resistant steel frame helps to prevent clogging in ice or snow
- Streak-free visibility
- Meets or exceeds OEM standards
- BuiltGraphite coating provides smooth, chatter-free operation and extends the life of the wiper blade
- Available in sizes from 12”–28”
- Meets or exceeds OEM standards
- Reliable streak- & squeak-free wipe
Support VIOC’s Commitment to Stop Breast Cancer
Watch the cover video. I had an amazing experience when I went to VIOC in Laurel, MD. I spoke with and interviewed Rodney, the service manager at the store. He shared his personal connection with breast cancer and put pink wipers on my car. A huge “Thank You” to Rodney for telling us about your experience.
VIOC Offers Other Services Too
While you’re there don’t just get new blades, take advantage of their oil change deals too. Here’s an Oil Change Coupon for $15 off or $10 off.
- VIOC is a full-service 15-minute drive-thru oil change with no appointment needed. Customers stay in their cars during the entire service making necessary car maintenance easy for busy people and moms since the kids don’t have to get out of the car.
- To learn more about the campaign and find a location selling pink wipers near you, visit viocpink.com
- National Mammography Day is October 19th – schedule your mammogram today!
In addition to supporting Breast Cancer Research, VIOC offers a variety of quick efficient services such as:
The best part is that you can sit inside your car while they change your oil and your wipers replaced. So, please visit a Valvoline Instant Oil Change near you. VIOC has 174 service centers found in these ten states: California, Delaware, Florida, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia.
Here’s An Opportunity to Win Free Oil Changes For A Year
Please enter the Pink My Ride Photo Contest for a chance to win up to a year of free oil changes here: http://wshe.es/tIUjKeck
About Valvoline’s Mission to Help Support Breast Cancer
• VIOC has raised over $86,500 for National Breast Cancer Foundation Inc. through this campaign to date
• The wiper blades fit 98% of cars, trucks, and SUVs manufactured after 2003
• Henley Enterprises, Inc. founded in 1989, is the largest Valvoline Instant Oil Change
• VIOC does much more than just oil changes. They also perform many other services
including tire rotations, belt replacements, fluid exchanges, battery services, and air
— Cleverly Changing (@Cleverlychangin) September 25, 2018
“U.S. Breast Cancer Statistics | Breastcancer.Org.” Breastcancer.org. N.p., 2018. Web. 8 Oct. 2018.
I partnered with Valvoline Instant Oil Change for this project; however, all opinions and ideas expressed are my own.