Now that summer is just around the corner, I am revising my lunch menus to include foods that use less energy to heat up and are quick and tasty. Pasta salad is a typical side dish that has many variations. Below I share a vegan pasta salad that we enjoyed as family. My kids are not fond of raw onions so next times I will use chives to add flavor.
Vegan Pasta Ingredients
- 1 box of macaroni
- 1 cup Vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of dill weed
- 1 teaspoon McKays Chicken Style Instant Broth & Seasoning
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 sweet red onion diced
- 1 cup of olives, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2-3 Kosher dill pickles, diced
Cook the macaroni as recommended on the packaging or for about 8 minutes.
Cool the macaroni with cool water. Let your kids help you combine all measured ingredients together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve.
Finding healthy low carbohydrate foods can be a ...