We are a vegetarian household and eat various pasta dishes more than I would like to admit to, but pasta is usually quick, kid-friendly, and filling. I generally only buy whole-grain, wheat, or multi-grain pasta because I want our food to have some nutritional value. I also, love loading different types of pasta with tons of colorful veggies so that we can enjoy delicious one-dish meals.
Additionally, I just took the Carrabba’s What’s your Pasta Personality Quiz and I am a Tag PIC PAC. Take the Carrabba’s Pasta Personality Quiz and find out which pasta fit your personality, please share the results with us.
Here is one of my recipes.
- 1 box of multi-grain pasta (great with linguine)
- 1 large onion
- 5 small sweet peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (or 2/3 cans of diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup zucchini
- 3 cloves of garlic (garlic has lots of good nutritional value, so I use it all of plentifully, but you can adjust the amount according to your taste)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of each: dill weed, sea salt, parsley, basil, (garlic powder, onion powder optional)
- Small dash of cayenne pepper to taste (Cayenne is very potent so usually I don’t add it into the main dish because my children can’t take it)
Place dry, uncooked pasta into a pot of boiling water and then follow the directions on the box.
While pasta is cooking, clean and chop the onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini.
Take a pan / wok and put it on a medium heat. Then pour in the olive oil.
The pan should be hot, but not bubbling.
Next place the tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini into the pot with a dash of the sea salt and cayenne pepper if you are using it. After 3 min. add the olives, garlic, and onion as well. Cover with a lid and stir for several minutes.
The sauce should be soft and everything should look well-cooked. The entire sauce cooking time should be about 15 minutes.
When the sauce is this consistency, take off burner and add the oregano, parsley, and basil.
By this time, the pasta should be done. Drain the pasta.
Place it in a large bowl and top with the sauce.
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Carrabba’s blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Carrabba’s Signature Pasta Meals and New Limited Time Offers
Signature Pasta Meals, featuring seven distinctive dishes served with choice of soup or fresh salad starting at $10. There’s no better place than Carrabba’s to enjoy a complete Italian meal – any day of the week.
CARRABBA’S PASTA: Carrabba’s makes every pasta dish by hand with the freshest ingredients. Pasta is cooked perfectly every time and signature sauces are made from scratch daily. Creative flavors and combinations of ingredients are part of Carrabba’s authentic family recipes as well as new creations.
LIMITED TIME OFFERS: Now through July 2011.
Featured Signature Pasta Meal:
- Pasto Rambo – Named for the chef who created it, it’s made with shrimp tossed with imported Italian linguine, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes sautéed in our basil lemon butter sauce. Lobster is available instead of shrimp for an additional cost.
Other Limited Time Offers:
- Parmesan-crusted Chicken – Topped with fresh arugula and grape tomatoes tossed in a hand-prepared lemon vinaigrette, served with choice of side. Substitution of wood-grilled chicken also available. Pairs well with Estancia Pinot Grigio.
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Three pork tenderloin medallions wrapped with prosciutto, wood-grilled and topped with an apple and fig infused port wine sauce, served with the vegetable of the day. Pairs well with Coppola Pinot Noir.
- Limoncello Bread Pudding – Back by popular demand! Brioche bread pudding made with fresh Madagascar vanilla beans and a rich custard, served hot out of the oven. Topped with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Carrabba’s homemade Caravella Limoncello liqueur sauce.
- Now Introducing:
- Peach Sangria – Carrabba’s new light and fruity Peach Sangria blends Copper Ridge White Zinfandel, Absolut Apeach vodka and Patrón Citrónge with a splash of citrus. Topped with a fresh lemon wedge and strawberry, it’s a taste of the Amalfi Coast in spring.
Locations: Visit www.carrabbas.com for the closest Carrabba’s location. There are more than 230 locations nationwide.
Johnny Carrabba and Damian Mandola founded the first Carrabba’s Italian Grill in 1986 in Houston, Texas. Today, there are 232 Carrabba’s Italian Grill locations around the country, run by passionate local proprietors focused on delighting guests with fresh, made-to-order Italian cuisine and the ultimate dining experience. Carrabba’s serves dinner seven nights a week in a casual environment that pairs innovative dishes and a complementary wine list with abundant hospitality. For on-the-go guests, Carrabba’s also offers convenient Carside Carry-Out. To learn more about Carrabba’s, please visit www.carrabbas.com.
Carrabba’s Pasta Personality Quiz on Facebook – Take the quiz to see how your personality compares to some of Carrabba’s signature pasta dishes! http://www.facebook.com/Carrabbas?sk=app_142632109083371
Follow Carrabba’s on Twitter: @Carrabba’s
Carrabba’s on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Carrabbas
Coupon and Review: TAI PEI Products ‘Good Fortune In Every Box!’ #ad“This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Tai Pei® blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are ...
Top Winter Priority: Keep My Family Healthy #PurellHolidayEvery year my children’s pediatrician stresses the importance of every member in our family getting the influenza-shot. Every year I debate ...
7 Search Engine Strategies Every Blogger Should KnowWhen it comes to writing, a lot of bloggers I’ve met are turned off or too nervous to think about search ...
What is a Sober Living Home?A sober living home is a safe and supportive environment for people recovering from substance abuse. These homes provide individuals with ...
Adopting Your First Cat? 5 Useful Tips For Welcoming Your New Cat To Your HomeDuring the pandemic many people opted to add a comfort pet into their hone. Adopting a pet is one of the ...
Choosing Rhinoplasty the Right WayPlastic surgery is a choice, sometimes it is chosen for cosmetic reasons, but at other times it is to correct the ...
What is a Sober Living Home?
A sober living home is a safe and ...