Growing up, I saw several women I love, suffer from domestic abuse. The toil it took on them went deeper than the physical. Their entire self-worth, confidence, hope, and life was wrapped up in their experience. It hurts a person for the moment, but can depress a person for a lifetime. Being abused or raped is something that many women have faced. The fact is, these horrific experiences are not uncommon. The shame and distance that it causes makes a person feel that they are alone and isolated. Many also feel that there are no other people facing a similar plight, but they are not alone.
If you are a person going that is in an abusive relationship or has been abused. Remember you are beautiful, regardless of what has occurred, you are not alone please seek help.
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual assault organization. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline at rainn.org
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233) or TTY 1−800−787−3224. Anonymous & Confidential Help 24/7
The Startling Facts
- Each day in the U.S., 3 women die as a result of domestic violence. (1)
- More than 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. (2)
- Nearly 3 out of 4 Americans know someone who is or has been a victim.
- Only 54 percent of Americans have talked to a friend about domestic violence, and only 56 percent would know what to do to help a victim of domestic violence. (3)
When I was about 9 years old, I can remember hiding under my bed shivering, afraid, with tears in my eyes, praying that my sister’s boyfriend would not kill us. They both were fighting and yelling outside while he had a gun in his hand. I heard him fire two shots and I thought my world was changed forever. It was, but thankfully, not the way I had imagined. By God’s grace my sister was OK, but her spirit and heart was wounded. To all of the people going through a horrible domestic violence situation in your relationship, please have the confidence to seek help. Seek refuge before it is too late, before your life is hindered and your spirit is forever wounded.
Let’s face domestic violence together – Tell a Gal Pal to:
- Talk openly about domestic violence. Tell your Gal Pals – whether it’s your best friend, sister, mother, daughter, niece, cousin or neighbor – to face domestic violence, share their opinions and experiences and show support for survivors.
- Speak out against domestic violence when you see it. Call the police or National Domestic Violence Hotline to report domestic violence in your community – you could help save a life.
- Visit ClickToEmpower.org for easy ways start the conversation, check out resources for survivors or read inspirational survivor stories.
- You can also show your support for domestic violence survivors by volunteering at or donating items to your local domestic violence shelter. Contact your state domestic violence coalition for more information. Click here for a complete list of state coalitions.
- For each person who “likes” the Click To Empower! Facebook page, The Allstate Foundation will donate $1 to the National Network to End Domestic Violence (up to $20,000). Click here to go to the Facebook page.
- The Allstate Foundation will donate another $1 if you take the pledge to Tell a Gal Pal about domestic violence. As part of the pledge, your photo will be added to the “Faces of Support” gallery to show survivors that they aren’t facing domestic violence alone.
- Help us reach our goal of raising $20,000. Tell a Gal Pal to join the movement on Facebook.
***The Videos both contain graphic information and needs to be censored from younger viewers.***
“Love is Blind” Video about Rape & Abusive Relationships music/song by Creed “Thorn”
Eve “Love is Blind”
Investing is the best way to prepare for your future, but most people don’t know where to start. If you’re tech-savvy ...
When it comes to any medical procedure, you’ll always find some myths intertwined with the truth, which makes it difficult to ...
Before you apply for that next job or even contact your friend about that upcoming informational interview, you need to take ...
During the pandemic many people opted to add a comfort pet into their hone. Adopting a pet is one of the ...
“Comcast sponsored this post. All opinions are my own. Visit Comcast RISE to apply and learn more about the program for ...
During the pandemic many people opted to add ...