May is Mental health awareness month and there is no better month to share Avantika Dixit’s story and expertise. Whether we homeschool, remote school, or send our children to school we need to be mindful of the mental health challenges that our children may experience, especially during this pandemic. Avantika is a Clinical Psychologist who shared her personal journey with mental wellness after suffering from a brain tumor as a teenager. She also shared with us what we should look out for as it relates to our children and their wellbeing.
The African proverb for this week’s podcast is: (1:22)
The jungle is stronger than the elephant. – South African proverb
Word of the Episode ( 1:45)
"Junni" means 1000 in Wolof from Senegal.
The Grown Folks Section on Mental Wellness: (2:18)
Avantika Dixit is also a Social Scientist, Clinical Psychologist, Hypnotherapist and Positive Psychologist. We spoke to Avantika to gain an understanding of wellness and how it relates to us as parents and children.
Some of the questions answered were: (listen to the broadcast to hear the Avantika’s answers)
- As a clinical psychologist what have you observed about the mental health of teens, preteens, and younger children who are dealing with the pandemic?
- What are some signs of concern that parents should be aware of regarding the mental health of their teens and preteens?
- What are some tools that they can use to become more resilient?
- How can parents encourage more dialogue with their teens who may not be in a habit of sharing their emotions?
About Woke Hero
WokeHero.com is an social wellness platform. Woke Hero’s background and bringing social wellness to young people. The goal of the platform is to enhance the education and future planning for young people.
Share an overview of Woke Hero
- Please share what problem Woke Hero seeks to solve?
- How can families encourage their teens and young adults to use Woke Hero?
- What inspires you to spread the Woke Hero movement across the world?
Connect with Avantika and show your support:
Head over to Woke Hero and register for an account today.
Support the Podcast by placing a merchandise order:
We Need You To Share This Podcast
Also, please tell your friends about our podcast. While we love having a conversation with each other, the podcast will only be able to exist if more people are listening. If you know some who has children, our tips and tricks are beneficial to parents who homeschool and those who are interested in supplementing the education of their children.
Furthermore, wherever you are listening to this podcast, please leave us a review.
Lastly, if you want to hear more about homeschooling and how we have managed to make it work, please check out our past episodes.
During the pandemic many parents across the world ...