This is the first episode of Season 2. I am honored to have my husband as a special guest. He will be discussing homeschooling from a dad’s perspective.
African Proverb – “A single hand cannot nurse a child”
Word of the Episode (2:46)
Baba means father in Swahili
Cleverly Cultured Kids (4:15)
My daughters discuss how their dad assists with their homeschool education. Homeschooling as a family is a way of life for my daughters because they have always been homeschooled. It was great to hear from them about how they see their dad’s role in their education.
Grown Folks Talk about Homeschooling as a F
The Dad in the cleverly changing household speaks up and shares his thoughts about homeschooling our children.
Homeschooling Resources for Maryland
Here are a few educational homeschool resources in the Maryland area. These are the ones that I personalize utilize or ones that some of my friends are using.
- Sankofa – https://www.facebook.com/groups/SankofaHomeschool/
- Silver Spring Homeschoolers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/294690130574150/
- Greenbelt Homeschoolers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/411224492408863/
- Maryland Homeschoolers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/MarylandHomeschoolers/
- DMV black Homeschoolers – https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=815882118508965&ref=br_rs
- PG County Homeschoolers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/pgcountyhomeschoolers/
Co-Ops: (these are co-ops I have either visited or spoke to the administrators directly)
- Sankofa – Meets on Fridays (predominantly African American not a drop off program) – https://www.sankofahomeschool.org
- Cheverly Stem ( 3 days a week, drop off) – https://www.cheverlystem.com
- Tutorial (Tues and Thurs classes, drop off) – http://www.bridgeelementary.com/
- Project Excel Academy in Bowie, MD (Mon, Wed, and Friday) – https://www.pxlacademy.org
- Spectrum is located in Savage, MD (Tuesdays and Thursdays) – http://Spectrumchc.com
- Granite Classical is located in Columbia, MD- (Tuesdays and Thursdays ) – http://www.graniteclassical.org
Small Intimate School Settings that feel like a homeschool but are not
- Living Water in Temple Hills, MD (5 days a week, drop off) – http://thelivingwaterschool.blogspot.com/p/who-we-are.html
- Chance Academy in DC (Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs classes; drop off) – http://www.bridgeelementary.com/
Also, all of our cities have a community center with classes. Many offer homeschool classes too. Here is the catalog for Greenbelt’s Rec Center
PG Counties Recreation Catalog (includes multiple cities) – http://pgparks.com/185/Parks-Recreation
Subscribe to the Cleverly Changing Podcast
Additional directories:SoundCloud | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Stitcher | TuneIn
In episode 37, we talked about entrepreneurship lessons ...