Just like many of you, I recently received a message that said, “This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available. You can manage your storage in Settings.” At first, I felt a little panic, but then I ignored it. The next problem I faced was when I could not record a video nor update my apps, so I knew I had to find a solution.
Although Apple gives people the option to purchase more storage space for a yearly cost (which starts at $20/year for 10GB), I wanted something a little more cost effective. I also, changed some of my settings so my phone was not downloading information unnecessarily. Unfortunately, if you have several iDevices (iPhone, iPod, and an iPad ) you have to share your free iCloud space. If you don’t want to pay for addition space there are several solutions to remedy the problem, but I like DropBox the most. Before I share a little more about DropBox below is some Apple Device housekeeping you should be aware of. Your backups need to be managed regularly so you will not lose any of your data.
Manually Backup Your Device
Before your storage is completely full, make sure you connect your iDevice to your computer and do a manual backup.
- When you plug your device into your computer launch iTunes if it does not appear automatically.
- Click on the device you want to backup on the left sidebar.
- Click “Backup to this computer.”
- Allow your device to sync completely before you disconnect it.
Don’t Store Everything
Here’s how I reduced some of my storage?
- I clicked on “Settings”
- Next I clicked on “iCloud”
- Then I clicked “Storage & Backup”
- and then “Manage Storage”
- Make sure you choose the device you’re using (you’ll see all your iCloud devices, but you need to choose the one you are on).
- You’ll see Backup Options and your apps, if you don’t need to back up certain apps turn their data back up option off.
DropBox is a Lifesaver Download it today!
Even after you do the back up options above you still may need more space.
So What is DropBox? Dropbox is a free service, which stores your photos, docs, and videos so you can access your files from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
What I like
- Dropbox is easy to install and use. I have used the service for several months and it is reliable.
- It’s great because you can gain more storage (up to 16GB) without paying more monthly or yearly by telling your friends about it.
- The storage is secure.
- It makes file sharing simple and easy.
- If you ever need to send someone a file that is too large for email. Dropbox is the free and simple way to go. The other person doesn’t even need to download dropbox, but he or she should because it will make file saving and sharing better and easier in the future.
Sign-up and tell me what you think.
Bringing a flat TV screen home is contemporary ...