Organizing drawers can be a daunting task. Recently, I decided to turn the chaos in my drawers into a tidy space where I could easily find the things I need.
- Purchase drawer organizers to separate your clothes. IKEA has a great selection.
- Green tip – Use a scarf or cloth material you are no longer using as drawer liners.
Tips to organizing your drawers
- First, empty your drawers, get rid of items you no longer need or want. Drawers should not only be used for storage. They should be a personal display for you to enjoy.
- Second, organize your drawers so that most used items higher and easily accessible. Items you don’t use often should be in the lower drawers.
- Third, separate like items by color and type, and then place them in individual compartments.
In order to keep your drawers organized you need to have a simple, yet efficient system of putting things back it their appropriate areas. Staying in the habit of putting things back will help motivate you to keep your drawers organized.
Reader Response: What’s your favorite organizing tip?