If you are a parent with small children you know that stains can ruin your kid’s clothes. Purex has a new product that combines Zout spray stain remover with laundry detergent. I was given the opportunity to review this new product and it has taken a couple of loads for me to come up with an honest review. Below I will highlight the product’s pros and cons and let you know how I feel about it overall.
Purex is giving me the opportunity to give 2 free coupons to two of my readers. (The Giveaway is for US residents only and requires that you visit purex.com and leave a comment about one of their products you like. Two winners will be chosen by randomizer.org). Ends May 20, 2011. Not required but always appreciated, readers that subscribe and follow my blog. If you like my Facebook page, add my button, follow me on twitter, or follow me via GFC let me know by leaving a comment and you will receive extra entries. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. The winners are: Angelene and Cheryl, congratulations to you both! Check the email address you provided for more details.
A little about the product:
- Fragrances available: 2 (Fresh Morning Burst and Free & Clear)
- Purex Complete with Zout is a laundry detergent that combines triple-enzyme stain-fighting power with Zout stain remover. The 3 enymes are protease (i.e.,grass and blood), amylase (i.e.,chocolate and tomato sauce), and mannanase (i.e., ice-cream and BBQ sauce).
- Works in both traditional and HE washers
- Cost effective
- It works by pouring a little directly on tough stains and letting it sit for 5 minutes before putting it into the washer.
What I liked most:
1. It works. You may need to put the detergent directly on the stain and let it sit before putting it into the washer, and the quicker you catch the stain before it dries the better.
2. It is great that they offer a fragrance free hypoallergenic option for those that may have sensitive skin or other factors that hinder the use of fragrance.
3. I tried the Fresh Morning Burst fragrance and it was great! I really like the smell. It made my children’s clothes smell fresh, look clean, and feel soft.
4. A little seems to go a long way. Definitely follow the instructions because it about a half of cap full to make the water very sudsy.
5. This laundry detergent cuts out the extra step of having to spray zout on your clothes, but if the stain is tough you make still need to give the garment extra care and attention.
6. Purex always makes their products affordable, which is great because you don’t have to pay a lot for this premium quality product. The prices range from #3.49 to $7.99 depending on the size of the container.
7. The detergent appears very potent, but is not harsh on your clothes fabric.
Overall, there isn’t anything I dislike, it just seems that most laundry detergents will get out tough stains if you put it directly on the garment’s fabric and allow it to sit a while. The only big exception and plus is that it seems to take much less of this detergent to do the same job that other detergents need an entire cap-full to accomplish.
You can request a free sample @ FreeSamplePurex.com
This post was shared in partnership with Adagio ...