If you need to shop for the holidays, but you don’t want to break the bank read on. Smart holiday shopping and gifting takes a few moments to plan. Do you want to give practical, fun, or gag gifts. Know what you are trying to achieve. Starting early will get you some of the best deals and provide more options, if you don’t want to start early I will give you some tips as well. My 10 tips are found below for smarter shopping and gifting that will save you time and money.
- Plan. Make a list and decide what you want to give and who will be receiving each gift. Also Consider encouraging your loved ones and people that you are buying for to make a wish-list list. Many stores like Target, Amazon, Walmart etc. allow you to make a wish-list so that there won’t be any guessing involved.
- Clearance shop. Shop throughout the year to find the best prices and deals. Having a list will simplify any guessing while you are in store and it will help you know what to look for while you are out and about.
- Follow ads. Throughout the year you will be able to cross items off of your list by knowing when they are on sale so that you will be getting the most for your money.
- Ask for price adjustments. If you decide to wait and buy right before Christmas many stores will allow you to receive money if the item has gone on sale within 14 days of your purchase. Just remember to keep your receipts with you.
- Go early to get what you want. I don’t recommend waiting until the week before or even a month before because many of the sizes or colors that you may desire will be gone.
- Shop online. Online shopping is now safer than before and you can get some great deals, by using Ebates for Cash back and coupon codes for discounts and free shipping. It is also less time consuming because you don’t literary have to travel to the stores and peruse their merchandise. With just a click of a button you find the color, size and any specifics that you may desire. It also broadens your store options allowing you a chance to get the best deals by comparison shopping.
- Ship directly from the store. Usually done when online shopping, you will not have to ship the merchandise yourself; instead, you can send it to any recipient that you want. Saving you time by eliminating the need to go to the post office.
- Online USPS shipping. The United States Postal service’s flat rate boxes are phenomenal. You can get free boxes, free carrier pick up, and you don’t have to worry about weighing anything.
- Give gift cards. Gift cards can be purchased almost everywhere: from your local grocery store to your local drugstore. Just keep in mind that some stores do charge a processing fee.
- Make your gifts. Handmade gifts are more sentimental in value and they are usually cost effective as well.
Out of the 10 I have listed above, I believe shopping online is the most efficient and stress free way to shop. Let me know if you agree or disagree.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Office Depot blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 Office Depot gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
About Office Depot:
Office Depot, Inc. is a global supplier of office products and services. The company was incorporated in 1986 with the opening of our first retail store in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In fiscal year 2009, we sold $12.1 billion of products and services to consumers and businesses of all sizes through our three business segments: North American Retail Division, North American Business Solutions Division and International Division. Sales are processed through multiple channels, consisting of office supply stores, a contract sales force, an outbound telephone account management sales force, Internet sites, direct marketing catalogs and call centers, all supported by our network of supply chain facilities and delivery operations.
More info: www.top30smartgifts.com
Top 30 Smart GiftsOffice Depot on Facebook
Beginners Can Learn the Ropes From Investment PodcastsInvesting is the best way to prepare for your future, but most people don’t know where to start. If you’re tech-savvy ...
Health Moment: Debunking the Myths of Laser Vision CorrectionWhen it comes to any medical procedure, you’ll always find some myths intertwined with the truth, which makes it difficult to ...
Looking for a job? Clean Up Your Social Media ProfilesBefore you apply for that next job or even contact your friend about that upcoming informational interview, you need to take ...
5 Ways to Avoid Debt During the HolidaysFinancial freedom is a lifestyle. According to personal finance guru, Suze Orman, “A big part of financial freedom is having your ...
Mobile Wallets: What are your options?In 2012, Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group predicted that within five years, half of today’s smartphone owners will already be comfortable ...
5 Ways To Prepare Your Home’s Exterior For Holiday EntertainmentThe exterior of your house needs a change once in a while, especially when it’s the center of family and peer ...
The Secret to Saving Money Everyday
With the countless tips, tools and hacks out ...