Holidays, can be extremely stressful. Below I list 10 tips that will help you survive.
1. Don’t put everything off until the last few days or weeks. Start preparing early, in fact, it is best to start right after each holiday passes. Catch the store’s clearance sales.
2. Speaking of sales, buy gifts all year round. I am a practical gift giver so if I know someone is going to need a particular item and it is on sale in February, as long as it is not perishable I buy and save it until the next year.
3. Map out a plan on paper for your decorations and decor. Sometimes writing out your ideas will help them make sense and give you a chance to evaluate them according to which ones you like the best. As a result, you are helping yourself save time and money when you are in the store.
4. Start buying your holiday cards early. This will also allow you to finish them with time to spare. Consider Tiny Prints Christmas cards, http://www.tinyprints.com/photo-cards.htm. They have many beautiful options to choose from.
5. If you want personalized cards, pictures, or gifts consider buying online. Buying gifts online is great because it helps you save on having to ship items yourself. It can be a headache having to stand in line at the post office during holiday season.
6. If you have to mail packages yourself, please consider the USPS flat rate shipping boxes. I love that you can schedule a carrier to pick up the items right at your front door and you don’t have to weigh anything. The boxes are free, but it takes up to 10 days for them to be delivered to your door if you order them online or you can go to the post office and pick up some of their free supplies.
7. Write out a menu. If you want to go a step further, type the menu and print it on pretty paper to make your holiday guests feel extra special. But writing a menu will help you develop your shipping list beforehand.
8. Plan activities for your guest. When my family get together, I want it to be as peaceful as possible so I try to make sure they are fully occupied because when they get bored the atmosphere changes.
9. Delegate. Make sure you are not the only person trying to do everything. Sometimes other people need a little guidance to get things done.
10. Ease your mind by accepting that everything is not going to go perfectly. We live in an imperfect world so often things do not run as smoothly as planned.
I hope you find my 10 tips helpful, if you have some of your own that you would like to share, please do.
About Tiny Prints:
Tiny Prints helps you get together, keep in touch and share your love—one little card at a time. Tiny Prints was started in 2003 by three friends and a dream. With a shared a love of babies and an affinity for beautiful paper, they set out to create a stationery company that would offer the experience of a local boutique with the ease of an online retailer. Specializing in the celebration of all of life’s special occasions, we’re thrilled to offer a fresh selection of exclusive designs, from birth announcements and baby shower invitations to personal stationery and more, delivered with the best customer service you can find online or in stores.
Stop by the Tiny Prints Blog, become a fan of Tiny Prints on Facebook and follow Tiny Prints on Twitter @TinyPrints to discover news, trends and creative inspiration for social stationery, family celebrations and so much more!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tiny Prints blogging program, making me eligible to get a $75 Tiny Prints gift certificate! For more information on how you can participate, click here.
More info: http://www.tinyprints.com
Join Tiny Prints on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tinyprints
Follow Tiny Prints on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tinyprints
Beginners Can Learn the Ropes From Investment PodcastsInvesting is the best way to prepare for your future, but most people don’t know where to start. If you’re tech-savvy ...
Health Moment: Debunking the Myths of Laser Vision CorrectionWhen it comes to any medical procedure, you’ll always find some myths intertwined with the truth, which makes it difficult to ...
Looking for a job? Clean Up Your Social Media ProfilesBefore you apply for that next job or even contact your friend about that upcoming informational interview, you need to take ...
5 Ways to Avoid Debt During the HolidaysFinancial freedom is a lifestyle. According to personal finance guru, Suze Orman, “A big part of financial freedom is having your ...
Mobile Wallets: What are your options?In 2012, Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group predicted that within five years, half of today’s smartphone owners will already be comfortable ...
5 Ways To Prepare Your Home’s Exterior For Holiday EntertainmentThe exterior of your house needs a change once in a while, especially when it’s the center of family and peer ...
5 Ways to Avoid Debt During the Holidays
Financial freedom is a lifestyle. According to personal ...