Vitamins and protein are very important to a person’s diet. After being a vegetarian for 20 years, I’ve recognized that getting the right nutrients in the morning is critical to daily balance. Being a busy working mom I don’t always have a lot of time to prepare a full course homecooked breakfast every day. Therefore, setting aside a few minutes to blend some fruits and vegetables is important for nutritional balance.
This breakfast smoothie kept me energized all day. I was focused and productive and I didn’t feel the urge to snack on unhealthy chips or candy between meals. So I had the smoothie below for breakfast and then a heart-healthy lunch and dinner during the evening.
The apples really helped sweeten the smoothie, so my kids weren’t concerned about the spinach I put in it.
- 2c Apple
- 1c Pineapple (frozen)
- 1c Strawberries (frozen)
- 1c Spinach
- 1/2c Parsley
- 1c Mango 100% Juice (base optional water or a different kind of juice)
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Moringa Powder
- Add your mango juice and then your apples, pineapple, strawberries, spinach, parsley, etc. blend for 1 minute or until completely liquified. Serve in your favorite glass.
Vitamins in the Breakfast Smoothie
- Apple – Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate (folic acid)
- Pineapple – Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate (folic acid), manganese, and copper
- Strawberries – Iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, vitamin K, and vitamin E, vitamin C, manganese, folate (B9) and potassium
- Spinach – vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, vitamin C, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein and choline
- Parsley – vitamin K and vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin A, folate and iron
- Flaxseed – manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3
- Moringa Powder – Iron and vitamins E & K and a source of vitamin E, protein, fiber and calcium
For more basic whole food vitamin breakdowns see Lenntech.com
What are your favorite ingredients for making a green smoothie?
Episode 85 is a full show of hearing from our Cleverly Cultured kids . They chime in about their different perspectives ...
2022 has been a difficult year for many families, people are still learning how to adjust to life during a pandemic; ...
When looking to improve your strength and muscle size through rigorous exercise, it’s important to remember to get the right nutrients ...
Thank you US MED for sponsoring this post. ...