Essential Oil Recipe – How to make natural Lavender Bath Salts
- 2 cups of Epsom Salt
- 4 drops of Food Coloring - Color of your choice
- 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (or a different essential oil of your choice)
- First add the Epsom Salt into a bowl or jar of your choice. Next add the essential oils. Then add the food coloring. I mixed red and blue together to make purple in a separate container then mixed all of the ingredients together and shook the jar so the color would be evenly distributed.
- Tip: A little goes a long way with the essential oil. Even though, I didn't use a lot the mixture is very powerful.
2. Essential Oil Recipe – How to make natural reed diffuser oil solution
Some scientists have reported that common household air fresheners contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), which can be harmful to a person’s health. VOCs have different names but here are a few to be aware of: toluene, styrene, xylenes and trichloroethylene. The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry reports that stored air fresheners can be a toxic product found in many homes. So to prevent these chemicals from being released in your home, you can make your own air fresheners naturally.
- 1/4 cup of Organic Almond Oil
- 1 cap of 90% Rubbing Alcohol
- 4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (Use the oil of your preference)
- 4 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (Use the oil of your preference)
- Place the Almond Oil first.
- Add the alcohol, and essential oils.
- Add the reeds. Let them soak in the mixture for 5 minutes, and then turn them upside so they part that soaked will be in the air.
- I wanted my air freshener to be a light smell so I used the lemon and peppermint combination, but the combinations you can use are endless.
- * The alcohol helps the oil and scents travel up the reeds easier.
2. Essential Oil Recipe – How to make a natural window cleaner
Natural cleaning products are easy to make. This no-steak window cleaner is very simple to make and great for home use. Of course you can use plain vinegar or you can use the mixture below.
- Lemon oil is good for cleaning, it’s a disinfectant, and is pleasant.
- Peppermint oil is great for helping to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- 2 cups of White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of 70 % Rubbing Alcohol
- 5 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 drop of peppermint oil
- Combine all ingredients into a spay bottle, shake, and use.
- For best results, use newspaper of soft paper towels.
ENTER TO WIN A dōTERRA INTRODUCTORY ESSENTIAL OILS KIT ~ Giveaway CLOSED. Congratulations to Folayan for winning the contest.
What are the health benefits of lavender? Retrieved May 11, 2014 from medicalnewstoday.com. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265922.php
Environmental Health and Medicine Education. Retrieved May 11, 2014 from atsdr.cdc.gov. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=17&po=8
We can all do something to help someone ...