Essential Oil Recipe – How to make natural Lavender Bath Salts
- 2 cups of Epsom Salt
- 4 drops of Food Coloring - Color of your choice
- 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (or a different essential oil of your choice)
- First add the Epsom Salt into a bowl or jar of your choice. Next add the essential oils. Then add the food coloring. I mixed red and blue together to make purple in a separate container then mixed all of the ingredients together and shook the jar so the color would be evenly distributed.
- Tip: A little goes a long way with the essential oil. Even though, I didn't use a lot the mixture is very powerful.
2. Essential Oil Recipe – How to make natural reed diffuser oil solution
Some scientists have reported that common household air fresheners contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), which can be harmful to a person’s health. VOCs have different names but here are a few to be aware of: toluene, styrene, xylenes and trichloroethylene. The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry reports that stored air fresheners can be a toxic product found in many homes. So to prevent these chemicals from being released in your home, you can make your own air fresheners naturally.
- 1/4 cup of Organic Almond Oil
- 1 cap of 90% Rubbing Alcohol
- 4 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (Use the oil of your preference)
- 4 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (Use the oil of your preference)
- Place the Almond Oil first.
- Add the alcohol, and essential oils.
- Add the reeds. Let them soak in the mixture for 5 minutes, and then turn them upside so they part that soaked will be in the air.
- I wanted my air freshener to be a light smell so I used the lemon and peppermint combination, but the combinations you can use are endless.
- * The alcohol helps the oil and scents travel up the reeds easier.
2. Essential Oil Recipe – How to make a natural window cleaner
Natural cleaning products are easy to make. This no-steak window cleaner is very simple to make and great for home use. Of course you can use plain vinegar or you can use the mixture below.
- Lemon oil is good for cleaning, it’s a disinfectant, and is pleasant.
- Peppermint oil is great for helping to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- 2 cups of White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of 70 % Rubbing Alcohol
- 5 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 drop of peppermint oil
- Combine all ingredients into a spay bottle, shake, and use.
- For best results, use newspaper of soft paper towels.
ENTER TO WIN A dōTERRA INTRODUCTORY ESSENTIAL OILS KIT ~ Giveaway CLOSED. Congratulations to Folayan for winning the contest.
What are the health benefits of lavender? Retrieved May 11, 2014 from medicalnewstoday.com. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/265922.php
Environmental Health and Medicine Education. Retrieved May 11, 2014 from atsdr.cdc.gov. http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=17&po=8
Episode 85 is a full show of hearing from our Cleverly Cultured kids . They chime in about their different perspectives ...
2022 has been a difficult year for many families, people are still learning how to adjust to life during a pandemic; ...
The Cleverly Changing Podcast is looking for new guests. Please take a few moments to complete the form below. More about ...
We can all do something to help someone else. Unfortunately, even in our very own communities, there are people who go ...
The Cleverly Changing Podcast is looking for new ...