If you have or know of a child doing community service, please encourage them to enter Kids Who Give, a contest sponsored by Farm Rich. They could win money for their favorite charity, including a $10,000 grand prize!
This month Farm Rich kicks off their 3rd annual Kids Who Give contest, which celebrates young people making a positive impact in the world. To enter or learn more, visit www.kidswhogive.com.
Who is eligible to enter?
Open to youth aged 7-17 who reside in the U.S., the contest awards kids giving back to their communities through volunteer work. For 2012, Farm Rich will recognize quarterly winners as well as an annual grand-prize winner who will receive $10,000 for the charity of his or her choice.
- Kids should go to www.kidswhogive.com. (Contest rules, details and deadlines are included on the website.)
- Submit a 250- to 500-word essay explaining their volunteer work and how it has helped others. Entrants are also encouraged to include a creative representation of their story along with their entries.
2012 Key Dates
|Quarterly Entry Deadlines||June 30
|Quarterly Winners Announced||July 2012
|Grand Prize Voting||Jan 2013|
|Grand Prize Winner Announced||Feb 2013|
How many will win?
A first, second, and third-place winner will be chosen each quarter to receive donations of $3,500, $1,500 and $1,000, respectively, for their chosen charities. Honorable mentions each quarter get a “Pat on the Back” gift card of $250. The grand-prize winner, chosen through a public online vote next January, will receive a gift of $10,000 to donate to a selected charity or charities.
Want to Know More?
Join the Kids Who Give conversations on Facebook or follow @kidswhogive on Twitter for contest updates. Video entries can also be viewed on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/farmrichkidswhogive.
“It’s such an honor to recognize and celebrate these amazing kids, and we’re humbled to help them share their stories and experiences,” says Jennifer Meetz, Director of Marketing for Farm Rich. “Our Kids Who Give entrants are an inspiration to us all.”
Last year’s Kids Who Give honorees showed how kindness, determination and hard work can move mountains. They included:
- Nathan Hickey of Monrovia, Calif., who formed Mountain Biking for Pablove to support kids with cancer.
- Ricky Springer of McDonough, Ga., who started Racing for a Cause to educate others on the disorder eosinophillic colitis, which he suffers from himself.
- Mariah Reynolds, a Cincinnati, Ohio, resident who’s been volunteering since she was 6 years old. Today, she’s behind three non-profits: Just One Heart, gLove One Another and Heal the Soul.
- Rujul Zaparde from Plainsboro, N.J., founded Drinking Water for India, which raises money to build tube-wells in remote Indian villages.
About Farm Rich
Farm Rich created Kids Who Give in 2010 to honor youth who give back. The Farm Rich popular lineup of frozen snacks and appetizers is sold at grocery and club stores nationwide. More at www.farmrich.com.
Essential Wedding Planning Tips For Brides-To-Be With Kidsbeing a mom and a bride-to-be with kids is far from unusual - and while it can certainly throw up some unique challenges.
Understanding Co-Occurring DisordersCo-occurring disorders, also known as dual diagnosis, occur when a person has both a mental disorder and an addiction. While it ...
From Teacher to Publisher Lesson 97Maria Dismondy is the founder of the publishing company Cardinal Rule Press. She inspires and educates others in the book industry. ...
CHRISTMAS UNDER THE STARS FEATURING LAUREN DAIGLEAre you looking for a Christmas concert that you can enjoy with your family? If you answered yes, then please tune ...
Win National Theatre Tickets to See The King’s SpeechThe King’s Speech Tickets are provided by the National Theatre in partnership with Allied Marketing Enter to win tickets to see The King’s Speech at ...
Win Jersey Boys Tickets at the National TheaterJersey Boys Tickets are provided by the National Theater in partnership with Allied Marketing Enter to win tickets Jersey Boys at ...
CHRISTMAS UNDER THE STARS FEATURING LAUREN DAIGLE
Are you looking for a Christmas concert that ...