I like shopping online, but there are several things that you should be aware of if you are trying to get a secure good deal.
- Sometimes the sale prices are higher online than store prices. For instance, Macy’s is notorious for advertising sale items online that cost than if you took a trip to the store.
- Here is a prime example, I recently purchased several pair of men’s pants in the store. The regular price for each pair was $52. The online price was $29.99 with an additional 20% off coupon that flashed in the header, to the online buyer this would be a good deal. However in the store, the price was marked down to $9.99 and after the 20% 0ff c0upon the purchase price was $7.99. I have also seen this at the Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy. Whereas the opposite was true on several occasions at Children’s Place online, so it just depends.
Tip: If you see a cheaper price, print off the ad and take it with you, most stores will price match or allow you to negotiate a cheaper price.
- Make sure you are shopping within a secure website. Check for security symbols. Verisign seals and McAfee certification are two that are commonly used.
- Shop at stores that offer easy returns. The downside of online shopping is that you cannot try the item on or verify the quality in person so if you need to return something make sure you are not going to have to pay out-of-pocket. Some of the best online stores offer free returns.
- Check for extra coupon codes here are some coupon sites that the stores themselves update: Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy. You can also check sites like Retail Me Not, Coupon cabin, and Ebates. Ebates gives you cash back about 3 months after you make your purchase if your reward amount is over $10.
- If the store has a free rewards card system, join the program. Also don’t forget to sign-up to receive coupon and sale notices at your favorite stores. In order to keep your email inbox uncluttered from retailers create a separate email account just for merchants.
- EXTRA TIPS: Here are some other great sites that help you make sure you obtained the best deal:
Medicare is a health insurance program provided by the federal government. Did you know that there are a number of different ...
With the countless tips, tools and hacks out ...