When I had kids, it seemed like tons and tons of instruction manuals and warranty information started taking over my drawers. I had to find a way to tame the junk drawer beast. Here are my tips on how to keep your papers, instruction manuals, and warranty information in order.
- Purchase one large binder, sheet protectors, and tabs. (Optional index cards and a black sharpie)
- Gather all of your manuals. I had manuals for our kitchen appliances, tech gadgets, toys, and even some furniture. I made one big stack.
- Place your manuals in sheet protectors. (In some cases, I staple the receipt and UPC to the manual just in case the manufacturer provides a warranty.)
- Organize the binder.
- Write a tab for Appliances, which I place in the binder first. Add the sheet protectors with all of the Appliance related information.
- Write a tab for Gadgets (you can name your categories differently such as phones, computers, cameras, camcorders, etc). Next add the related items.
- Write a tab for Toys (for instance, you can separate this category future by including video games, electronic toys, plush toys, etc)
- Optional, place an index card in front of the sheet protector with the date your warranty ends in large bold letters. The card should also state the name of the item and your purchase date.
Share this Story
Beginners Can Learn the Ropes From Investment PodcastsInvesting is the best way to prepare for your future, but most people don’t know where to start. If you’re tech-savvy ...
Health Moment: Debunking the Myths of Laser Vision CorrectionWhen it comes to any medical procedure, you’ll always find some myths intertwined with the truth, which makes it difficult to ...
Looking for a job? Clean Up Your Social Media ProfilesBefore you apply for that next job or even contact your friend about that upcoming informational interview, you need to take ...
Load More Related Articles
Periodontal Disease: Don’t Leave It UntreatedSome individuals don’t take good care of their teeth. This may happen because of simple negligence, while others may not see ...
10 Vending Tips for AuthorsI’d had success selling my books online, so I didn’t think much about selling my books at in-person events. September is ...
These 4 Habits Will Increase Your SustainabilityCan one person really change the world? I believe that one person can, in fact, change the world. It takes the ...
Load More In Tips
Periodontal Disease: Don’t Leave It Untreated
Some individuals don’t take good care of their ...