Life can sometimes become extremely overwhelming; especially during the holidays. Below are 10 tips that I use to help make my life easier. These are tips that I use in my life daily to help me ease stress and let go of the trivial things that I have no control of and cannot change.
1. Believing in God. Somehow, knowing that God is in control and will handle things on my behalf allows me to breathe easier. I have less stress, by giving God my worries. It also allows me to live with the belief that my life is meaningful and I am here for a reason.
2. Surround yourself with positive people. Who needs a sour apple around when you can have someone cheerful on your side. A positive person blocks the clouds and helps sunshine peer through in the lives of others.
3. Eat healthy. When I feel good about my choices of food, I am able to eat what I want, guilt-free. Healthy food frees me from having a negative outlook about my body and keeps me from getting sick often.
4. Do what you can, but when you can’t do anymore, let it go. I usually work as hard as I can, but when I can’t do anymore I don’t stress about it. Instead, I try again the next day, and then the next.
5. Enjoy your blessings. Whatever good is taking place at the moment, stop and enjoy it. Bask in the good and dream to do better, and then you will accomplish more.
6. Speak your goals into existence. Say it, plan it, do it. Those simple three steps don’t leave anytime for procrastination.
7. Help others. Assisting someone else gives the person a slice of happiness, but at the same time it will give you an entire pie full of joy. I was once a part of the nonprofit organization, AmeriCorps NCCC. The organization gave me much more happiness than I experienced in the Corporate world because I knew I was helping less fortunate communities every day I rolled out of bed.
8. Reward yourself, within reason. Treating yourself to something you really want feels good and will help you have a happy heart. Many people want someone else to surprise them with their desires, but if you treat yourself you avoid disappointment.
9. Exercise to reduce stress and increase your energy. A little exercise makes my body tingle with excitement. Even if it is just a walk around your neighborhood. The fresh air will help you relax.
10. Ask for help when you need it. No one can help make your life easier if you don’t share your needs. So let your family/friends know what is going on and allow them to help you when they can.
Please feel free to share some of your tips with me and my readers. Thanks in advance!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Oral-B blogging contest.
It’s National Sickle Cell month and I’m back ...