“The Tony Evans Study Bible was provided by Lifeway all of the opinions expressed below are my own and may not reflect the views of the sponsor.”
Over the years, I’ve enjoyed listening to Dr. Tony Evans. Growing up my mom use to listen to Dr. Evans on the radio. She always looked forward to his broadcasts because his teachings were biblical and inspirational. I enjoyed listening to the strength of his voice and his ability to teach about complex subjects and make them sound some simplistic. For example, here is one of his messages that really explains “I am” in the Bible. Check out the Youtube Link here: Jesus The Great I Am)
Study For Oneself
Therefore, taking the time to study the Bible is important to me because I like to do my own research and know what I believe and why. If a person just listens to his or her pastor once a week without learning and trying to understand the Creator on their own, the information feels somewhat secondhand and not authentic. Hence, I believe spiritual and religious experiences should be genuine and firsthand.
Unboxing of the Tony Evans Study Bible
About the Tony Evans Study Bible
“The Tony Evans Study Bible includes extensive study notes and other ancillary resources carefully crafted and curated by Dr. Tony Evans as General Editor and adapted from his sermons, teachings, and writings. These features are strategically placed alongside the biblical text to explain God’s Word in a fresh way. Likewise, applying these truths will empower readers to have transformed lives that then transfer the values of the kingdom of God to others” (from the publisher).
- Elegant design
- Study notes crafted from Tony Evans sermons and writings
- 40 inspirational articles
- 50 “Lessons on Kingdom Living,”
- A plethora of “Questions & Answers”
- Numerous “Hope Words”
- Over 150 videos of sermons
- Teaching from Dr. Evans
- Page-edge cross-reference system
- Black-letter text
- Presentation page
- Introductory front matter
- Special back matter section with key definitions
- Theological and doctrinal charts
- Other study helps
- Bible reading plan
- Full-color maps
The Tony Evans Study Bible is written in the Christian Standard Bible® (CSB) version. Which takes the archaic King James language and leaves the context using modern English. According to the publisher, “The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible’s original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture’s life-changing message and to share it with others.”
3 Features That Stand Out
Furthermore, there are three aspects of the Tony Evans Study Bible that I’m drawn to the most:
- The medium-sized print is perfect. I’m at the age when I need to wear my glasses regularly, but I don’t wear them as much as I should. When I open the Tony Evans Bible I am able to read the words in the Bible clearly without feeling any strain on my eyes and it’s not so large that I feel like I’m a senior citizen.
- There are exclusive messages that provide insight. The Tony Evans Study Bible does a great job of incorporating technology to give the reader an in-depth understanding of the topic. The team who made the Bible really went above and beyond with this feature. I feel like it helps engage a younger audience like myself.
- The extra reference features are easy to follow. The Tony Evans Study Bible is unique and helpful because it helps the reader unpack the information that appears in text form. There are definitions, terms, doctrines, bibliography, reading plans, a concordance, and more so the person who purchases this Bible is really getting his or her monies worth.
Enter to win the Tony Evans Study Bible
(Contest ends: Dec 16, at 8 am)
Finally, here’s how the Tony Evans Study Bible can be yours: enter to win this Bible by:
- follow me on Instagram (Instagram.com/CleverlyChanging).
- Return and leave a comment below (in the comment section) telling me which name you are following under and what your favorite Bible verse is.
Purchase the Tony Evans Bible
Are you looking for a Christmas concert that ...