This post was sponsored by Ontel. Does your kitchen need something new? Are you looking for a way to create healthier creative meals? If you can answer yes, to either question the Veggetti® may be the answer. I was excited to receive the Veggetti® because I was looking for a way to create improved vegetarian summer meals for my family. During the summer months, I try to use lots of vegetables and keep our foods lighter by using either the grill, stop stove, or preparing raw meals. While there are tons of ways to recreate a salad. The Veggetti® offered my family something uniquely creative that would lessen my preparation time and maintain the nutrients.
What I like about the Veggetti®
The Veggetti® (rhymes with spaghetti) is the perfect gadget for picnics. One of our family’s summer goals is to spend more family time connecting with each other. In an effort to get more Vitamin D and enjoy the beautiful warm weather we schedule a family picnic once a week The Veggetti® is great because
- It’s compact and small, which makes it easy to pack
- It’s easy to use, and doesn’t need extra attachments
- The cleanup is simple, but should be washed by an adult. (If you’re using it at a picnic pour water over the blades after use to make sure the blade stays in the best condition.)
- 2 blade options (thick “linguine” size and thin “spaghetti” size). The blades are sharp so the vegetables slide through the blades with ease
- Helps give our food a fresh new look and taste (great for salads, stir-fry, sautéed veggies, etc)
- Read the instructions first.
- Wash your vegetables well first. Once you start using the Veggetti® it will be too late to wash the finished noodles and avoid contamination.
- Keep the skin on your vegetables. Why? The Veggetti® practically peals the veggies as it turns and will create a thicker noodle or veggie slice. If you pealed the vegetable it would almost become to mushy or soft.
- Place the white top on the vegetable end of the vegetable, as you turn it (when it starts getting small) so that your hand will not get close to the blade. This is important if you don’t want to nick your knuckles or fingers.
- Do not pre-slice your vegetables. This gadget works best with whole foods. This is also important if you are trying to get the best use of the product and save money because, the Veggetti® doesn’t “spaghettify” (is not a word, but it’s the best explanation of what a Veggetti® does) the entire vegetable. Just for you safety do not get too close to the blade, which means there isn’t a way to safely avoid leaving a 1.5 inch piece of the vegetable.
- The Veggetti® is used best with cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and other similar vegetables. For me it did not work well with carrots or potatoes. The carrots and potatoes seemed too hard for an easy spiral. Remember to cut the Veggetti so you will not have super long spirals.
- Rinse with a little mild soap and water immediately after use to prevent staining and clean easier.
- The Veggetti® turns vegetables into delicious, healthy spaghetti, instantly
- By using zucchini, squash, carrots, cucumbers and potatoes, the Veggetti® creates thick or thin pasta with much less calories and carbs than traditional noodles.
- Ordinary pasta has 800 calories and 160 grams of carbs compared to 60 calories and 8 grams of carbs using Veggetti®!
- Great for those who are trying to make healthier food choices, diabetics, or on gluten-free diets
- The Veggetti® is quick & easy to use, has stainless steel blades, and is dishwasher safe
- Veggetti® is available at their official website, Amazon, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walgreens, CVS and other fine retailers nationwide
- Click here to purchase the Veggetti®
ENTER TO WIN
The Veggetti® and a $25 gift card
“The Veggetti®, gift card, information, and additional giveaway gift pack have been provided by Ontel.”
As you may have heard, Walt Disney Animation ...