The Green Festival is America’s largest and longest-running sustainability and green living event. Check out my Most Memorable Moments post about the festival. One of my most favorite experiences at the festival was test driving Ford’s Fusion Hybrid. Fuel efficient cars are attractive to me because our current automobile using premium gas at the pump so, naturally, paying less would be of interest to me and my family.
On June 1, 2014 my husband and I were able to test drive our first Hybrid and electric car. Although the pick-up of the car is slow at first, the sustainability features amazed me. My favorite features of the 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid were:
- Active Park Assist – (this feature was the most impressive to me. As you can see in the video, the car was able to parallel park on its own. The steering wheel moved on its own and parked the car. The driver only needs to control the shifting, accelerating, and breaking.)
- Rear View Camera – This features literally gives you eyes in the back of your head and makes a drive feel more secure when putting the vehicle in reverse.
- Reverse Sensing System – This system alerts the driver audibly if something is in the way when backing up the vehicle. This feature is possible, because of ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning – Prior to visiting the Green Festival, I had only seen this feature advertised on commercials. Basically, this car takes safety to another level by warning the driver that a collision could occur.
- Heated and Cooled Front Seats – We have heated seats in our car now, and I love this feature. It makes riding in any weather much more comfortable in cars with leather seats.
- Rain sensing wipes – Ford has equipped this car with a drivers dream features.
- Fuel Efficiency (Hybrid) – EPA-Est. MPG City/Hwy 22/33
*This is NOT a sponsored post.
Investing is the best way to prepare for your future, but most people don’t know where to start. If you’re tech-savvy ...
The Cleverly Changing Podcast is looking for new guests. Please take a few moments to complete the form below. More about ...
We can all do something to help someone else. Unfortunately, even in our very own communities, there are people who go ...
The Cleverly Changing Podcast is looking for new ...