If you like Amazon.com and you’re a student with a valid .edu email account, you can get free 2-day shipping for 6 months with their Amazon Prime membership for students, just sign-up for an Amazon student account.
This is a great deal because shipping can be costly and an Amazon Prime Membership generally costs about $59.99 per year for students and $79.99/ month for everyone else.
*At the end of the FREE six months Prime membership, the Amazon Student membership will automatically upgrade to a full Prime student membership and the credit-card on file will be charged $59.99/year. If you don’t want the automatic charge select “Do not upgrade.”
After the 6 month trial period, you will only need to pay $6.49 per month. That a amount can seem costly for a student, but in my opinion it’s totally worth it.
Here is a break down of prime benefits as of (October 2018)
- Prime Now: Free 2-hour delivery (and discount 1-hour delivery) for tens of thousands of products from local stores in select cities, using a special Android or iOS app.
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Prime Pantry: Low-priced grocery, household and pet care items delivered for a flat fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry virtual box (up to 45 pounds of goods).
- Video game discounts: 20 percent off new game discs during preorder and for two weeks after release.
- Prime Early Access: 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new sales on MyHabit.com.
- Kindle First: Free access (before the official release date) to a new book from Kindle First picks each month.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: Hundreds of thousands of Amazon’s Kindle e-books are available for a free one-month checkout. (Note: This perk is not available to Amazon Student members during the six-month free trial.)
- Prime Instant Video: Unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes, including Amazon’s original shows and older HBO content. (Note: This is not available to Amazon Student members during the six-month free trial.)
- Prime Music: Unlimited, ad-free access to more than 1.5 million songs. Users can stream on demand or allow Amazon to select songs based on their taste (as with Pandora). (Note: This is not available to Amazon Student members during the six-month free trial.)
***Updated post Oct 2018***