Have you seen this icon, and then wondered what it is used for? This is an icon used for RSS feeds. What are RSS feeds? RSS is a short abreviation for Really Simple Syndication. If you like my blog posts? Subscribe to my RSS Feeds.
- If you have found a blog that you would like to follow, subscribe to their feeds. Here are 5 reasons why I think it is important.
- By subscribing to a bloggers or website’s RSS feeds you are proving to the blogger/website creator that you are interested in their material and appreciate their content.
- Many hours often go into blogging and loyal subscribers help make a blogger feel that all of their time and effort is worth, because people are in fact, really listening.
- Every time a new post is published, RSS feeds will give you immediate access.
- It is one of the best ways to keep track of blogs that you enjoy without clicking through their site to find new information that appeals to you. One RSS reader that I really like is Google Reader, but there are others such as: blogspace.com, bloglines and FeedLounge. Feed reader lists others that are available as well.
- RSS feeds are also easier to follow on mobile devices making the content available almost anywhere you are.
- It also makes it easy to have your feed emailed to you as well. (A great site for this is: http://www.feedmyinbox.com/, they allow 5 sites emailed for free)
I like the way , Julie Salgado explains it on her website: iamjuliesalgado.com.