Happy Earth Day! Today I am sharing with you my promise to the earth. In addition, it is important for me to make a promise to my children to take care of the earth. The world has lots of beauty surrounding it, but pain and destruction too. Everyone should take a stand and do what they can to preserve our planet. This Earth Day I commit to make the following changes in my life, and I hope that you find a way to reduce, reuse, and recycle as well. Here are 15 Earth Day lessons I am sharing with my children.
- Stop buying products that I don’t really need. I plan to consume less and reuse more.
- When I do purchase things, I will look for items that can be reused, have a small amount of packaging, and are made out from recyclable materials.
- Eat locally grown food.
- Try buy products that are made with America and produced locally when I can.
- Give our gently used items to others that may need them.
- Use an e-reader, print less, and only purchase recycled paper.
- Use less electricity. Unplug items when they are not being used.
- Don’t let water run unnecessarily.
- Use houseplants to clean the air in house instead of an electric air purifier.
- Use eco friendly products when doing house improvement products.
- Actively recycle our consumed goods and trash.
- Learn creative ways to re-purpose items instead of throwing things away.
- Cook more at home and buy less “fast food.”
- Purchase and use rechargeable batteries and dispose our electronics and all batteries properly so they will not add extra waste in landfills.
Beginners Can Learn the Ropes From Investment PodcastsInvesting is the best way to prepare for your future, but most people don’t know where to start. If you’re tech-savvy ...
Health Moment: Debunking the Myths of Laser Vision CorrectionWhen it comes to any medical procedure, you’ll always find some myths intertwined with the truth, which makes it difficult to ...
Looking for a job? Clean Up Your Social Media ProfilesBefore you apply for that next job or even contact your friend about that upcoming informational interview, you need to take ...
6 Ways To Keep More Money in Your WalletBy now most of you are well versed in the basics of creating a green home. You also know all the ...
10 Practical Ways to Save and Reduce Your Carbon FootprintRecently, I visited the Marian Koshland Science Museum in DC. Although the museum is small compared to others in DC, there ...
Health Moment Natural Green Soaps: Hekalu Product ReviewA couple of years ago when my children were first born, I made up in my mind that what I place ...
6 Ways To Keep More Money in Your Wallet
By now most of you are well versed ...