Purchasing gas can be expensive, but here are are few ways to get it cheaper. You don’t need to switch to public transportation to cut costs at the pump. There are a few basic things you can do that could considerably save money on gas
- Keep your car maintained. By keeping up with regular maintenance, your car will run more efficiently and burn less fuel. This includes regular oil changes, air filter replacement and properly inflated tires.
- Drive smart. Aggressive driving leads to increased acceleration and braking that can use unnecessary gas. Try to maintain a steady speed for as long as possible and use the cruise control over long distances.
- Alter your daily commute. If you commute through heavy stop and go rush hour traffic you might consider driving to and from work an hour or so earlier or later in order to miss the rush. Avoiding this type of traffic can not only save gas but also create a less stressful drive.
- Consider a hybrid. While purchasing a new vehicle may be costly up front the savings in gasoline usage can pay for itself. Combine this with a potential tax credit for purchasing a hybrid and you may be able to save hundreds of dollars a year.
- Combine errands. Plan your travel in a way that maximizes your time on the road. If you can, plan trips to the grocery store, dry cleaners or any other errands so that they are part of your daily commute. There is no need to make a separate trip if you pass these locations on a daily basis.
It is important for women these days to ...