One of the books we enjoy cooking recipes from is “First Meals” by Annabel Karmel. The recipes are delicious, easy to make, healthy, and kid friendly.
Not too long ago we made the Apricot Cereal Bars, which would make a great summer kid’s snack. I put my own spin on the recipe and wanted to share it with you. They cereal bars are tasty and very fun to make.
Ingredients We Used
- 2 Cups of Oatmeal
- 3 1/2 Cups of Rice Krispies
- 2/3 Cup of Chopped Dried Apricots
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Chopped (optional)
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup of Butterscotch Chocolate Chips (I was a little hesitant to add the chocolate, but in moderation it’s fine)
According to “First Meals” this snack provides fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, B vitamins including folate, and vitamin A.