Storypanda Inc. recently released a new VeggieTales interactive story book app and offered me a chance to review it and share my honest opinion.
Would I recommend this ebook?
Of course! Bob and Larry’s ABC’s by Phil Vischer gets the clever stamp of approval for children 2-6 years old. Here’s why:
Ebooks are especially great because there are so many ways to keep children engaged.
After the book was complete I asked my girls:
What did you like about Bob and Larry’s ABC’s?
Both replied – “All of it.”
Review from my girls
- They really liked the option to create their own story.
- They liked the pictures of their favorite VeggieTales characters.
- They both enjoyed the alphabet story because it was funny.
- They also enjoyed touching the interactive characters on the page.
What I liked most
Continues with the VeggieTales theme that God made all of us special. Which is important for children to understand at an early age that they are different and special just they way they are.
- It’s a positive educational book for younger children. This storybook is perfect for toddlers who are just getting acquainted with their letters. The story book will add repetition to a lesson that parents are already teaching them.
- Teaches letter recognition. Each page shows the Alphabet in bright bold letters that clearly show children what the alphabets are.
- Includes rhyming words. The words throughout the book help children remember the words and sounds through rhyme and onomatopoeia.
- The book is colorful and interactive (the 3-D characters and objects on the page move and make sounds)
- The book is humorous and creative. All children love to laugh and this storybook makes learning fun and inviting.
- Giving children the platform to create and share their story takes the creativity to another level, which is great because it keeps kids excited about the app. It also, gives parents and children an activity they can do together.
- While creating your own story, you can customize the letters by choosing from several predetermined options.
- It is also great that parents can share the story that was created via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
- I can’t wait to see the 5 more storybooks that will be available soon.
ENTER TO WIN THIS APP
(this app retails in the App store for $2.99)
Learn more from STORYPANDA
Connecting Families Through Storytelling