My motto this year was “No procrastination, only performance.” I was on a roll during the first couple of months. I stayed on task and kept my kids on a schedule, but somewhere along the way, after a long vacation, I felt like my overly structured life needed a break and so I took one, only to find out that it was even more difficult to recreate that same routine, which previously made my life much more efficient.
Next year, I am determined to stay on track. I am resolved to stay focused. Similarly, as the new year approaches, are you saying, “In 2013 I want a new me, an organized life,where I can better manage, and stay on top of things?” As you plan for a new organized year to come, are you trying to prioritize your life and make it much more fulfilling so when you look back you’ll find yourself in complete awe of all the tasks you are able to accomplish?
If prioritizing your life is important to you, just like it is to me, then it pays to start today. Sure you may want to wait for a milestone like a new year to come, but it will give you a leg up if you start organizing immediately when the thought comes to mind. Of course, not everything you desire to be fixed will be accomplished in a day, but at the very least you can write down a plan of how you would like to see things change, and what changes need to be made to help restructure the most challenging areas.
Sometimes, I take a few minutes to look around and I see so many inspirational women that I can draw strength from. A few years ago I had the pleasure of meeting the two dynamic sisters: Tina and Erica from the group Mary Mary at a Women of Faith event. They are truly phenomenal women with the energy of teenagers. Through their television show, it is an honor to see how they juggle their extremely busy schedules and stay positive and on top of their game.
It is comforting to learn how these mega stars are able to smile and minister to others, be wonderful moms, and lovely stylish wives even while they are tired from singing and what seems like endless road trips. They are living their dreams and are down-to-earth. They appear to be real women taking it all in stride and they have a lot that other women can pull from to redefine success in their own lives.
Here are just a few principles that we can learn from Tina and Erica about prioritizing their lives.
- Order your life correctly. Put God first, your family, and then your career. Give each one 100% and you’ll be happy. Prioritizing in the correct order is the key to continued success.
- Just say, “No” to laziness. Don’t stop working, even when you’re tired, just find another way to get the job done.
- Wear a happy face. Smile even when you want to stop. The way you look on the outside and redetermine how you feel on the inside.
- Continue developing your dreams. Live life to the fullest.
- Your circle of friends/groups matter. Surround yourself with people who love you and are committed to working hard with you and who also want to see you accomplish your tasks. They keep their family close, because nobody will love you like your family.
- No one truly has it all. Success doesn’t come without making some sacrifices. Evaluate what’s important to you.
It’s situations like these that the three-time Grammy® award-winning gospel duo Erica and Tina Campbell face in Season 2 of WE tv’s hit series Mary Mary as they balance being recording artists, mothers, and wives. MARY MARY premieres Thursday, December 6 at 10|9c and moves to its regular timeslot on Thursdays at 9|8c, beginning December 13. Watch a sneak peek here!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WE tv. The opinions and text are all mine.
This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Silk blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my ...
Want to win a $50 Staples gift card? Take an anonymous survey about your office manager. Now through April 10, 2013, and you ...
Every year my children’s pediatrician stresses the importance of every member in our family getting the influenza-shot. Every year I debate ...
2013 is here. The fireworks have glittered the sky, the toast have be said, the resolutions made, and goals set. Are ...
Stay up-to-date with new posts from Cleverly Changing ...