Use this link to “Like” MinuteClinic’s Facebook page, complete the form & you will be emailed a unique coupon for a free travel-sized sunscreen. (Limited Facebook Over)
If you have questions about sunscreen, spf, and how often you need to reapply look over the tips below.
FREE SUMMER SUN SAFETY TIPS, from MinuteClinic
What does SPF mean?
- SPF = Sun Protection Factor, which is a measure of how well sunscreen protects against UVB rays
- It also predicts, in some cases, how long it may take your skin to get sunburn when you are wearing that sunscreen
Under the new FDA sun care guidelines, look for sunscreen products that are:
- Labeled “Broad Spectrum,” which prevents against both UVA and UVB rays (these are the only products that can reduce the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging)
- SPF of at least 15, preferably 30 or 50
- Re-apply every 1.5-2 hours!
- (Note: products will no longer be labeled as “sunblock”, “waterproof” or “sweatproof” since suncreens eventually always wear off)
What’s the difference b/t UVA & UVB rays?
- UVA rays are more responsible for the skin’s aging
- UVB rays are the rays that cause sunburn
When it comes to spending time in the sun, remember:
- Sun is strongest between 10 a.m. & 2 p.m., so limit your outside time during those hours
- Some makeup products or prescription medications can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so be sure to read labels and take caution
- If you do get burned and feel as though you need medical care, visit your local MinuteClinic for a thorough assessment and treatment. To find a location nearest you, visit www.minuteclinic.com/locations
The tips above were provided by CVS’s MinuteClinic.
Disclosure: I was not compensated to share this promotion with my readers.
Share this Story
Essential Wedding Planning Tips For Brides-To-Be With Kidsbeing a mom and a bride-to-be with kids is far from unusual - and while it can certainly throw up some unique challenges.
Understanding Co-Occurring DisordersCo-occurring disorders, also known as dual diagnosis, occur when a person has both a mental disorder and an addiction. While it ...
From Teacher to Publisher Lesson 97Maria Dismondy is the founder of the publishing company Cardinal Rule Press. She inspires and educates others in the book industry. ...
Load More Related Articles
Want to be a Guest on The Cleverly Changing Podcast?The Cleverly Changing Podcast is looking for new guests. Please take a few moments to complete the form below. More about ...
Don’t Forget: Today May 9th is the Stamp Out Hunger Food DriveWe can all do something to help someone else. Unfortunately, even in our very own communities, there are people who go ...
My Prayer For BaltimoreAs a resident of the Maryland, Baltimore is close to my heart. This morning when I thought about the city, tears ...
Load More In Archives
Want to be a Guest on The Cleverly Changing Podcast?
The Cleverly Changing Podcast is looking for new ...