We all know that money doesn’t grow on trees. So whether the time of plenty has changed or not, some people are really trying to decrease their spending and save money. Couponing is not for everyone so here are other ways to help you save big.
Get your money’s worth
- When you buy a car, continue to use it until it is absolutely necessary to get another one. Don’t just change it because you are done paying for it or you want to impress your friends.
- Use your entire bottle of lotion and any other product before you give it up and have half unused bottles sitting around your house. Most people won’t pick up those bottles again; instead they develop a clutter stash.
Some things are very similar in quality when they are generic. In fact, some of the same companies make the generic products they just design and package them differently. Here is a list of “10 products to always buy generic.”
Cut costs by evaluating and making small changes
- Last week I reevaluated my cell phone, cable, Internet, and Netflix plan. I realized that I could buy a cable modem from the store for cheaper then renting one for a year. My Internet and cable company also offers specials to existing customers so I chose to take advantage of those deals.
- Evaluate your insurance cost. Every few years check and see if you could save money by switching car insurance companies. If you have health insurance make sure your plan is right for you and your family. Try not to under or overpay. Consider your needs and buy accordingly. Find out whether or not you need additional coverage like dental, vision, or if you have Medicare find out if it would be wise to purchase Medicare supplements or a Medigap plans. Just take an active approach to the services you are paying for.
- Talk to a financial adviser to see if there are other things that are unique to you and your situation that you can do to save money.
Everything doesn’t have to be new when you buy it. Many clothes, electronics, cell phones, cars etc can save you lots of money when you purchase them used.
Try ebay, craigslist, amazon, etc because these services usually are reliable and offer some of the cheapest and best deals.
If you are looking fordiscounts on electronics, some of the greatest cost savings can be found on Amazon.com or when you ship-to-store at major retailers like Best Buy.
- Encourage potlucks with your friends once in a while. Making one meal to share is a lot cheaper than making a four / five course meal on your own. Here are several tips on how to have an awesome Potluck.
- Car pool, this saves gas, helps the environment, and may help you get to know more people.
- Swap used clothes with friends.
Set-up a list of No’s and abide by them
- No, I will not purchase items I cannot afford
- No, I will not get money out of an ATM that charges me fees
- No, I will not purchase items I don’t use, just because they are on sale
- No, I will not buy snacks out of machine; instead, I will bring my own beverage, chips, crackers, etc.
- No, I will not eat every meal at a fast food restaurant.
And the list goes on…and…on
Episode 85 is a full show of hearing from our Cleverly Cultured kids . They chime in about their different perspectives ...
2022 has been a difficult year for many families, people are still learning how to adjust to life during a pandemic; ...
You’ve sat on it for so long, but with Bitcoin at the forefront of our market, it’s unavoidable. With the digital ...
Are you looking for affordable home and auto ...