Are you in the market for a new car or do you think you need to upgrade what you have to better suit your family’s changing needs?
Thank you Chevrolet and She Buys Cars for giving me the privilege of being able to attend the 2016 Washington DC Auto Show. The auto show seems to get better every year. I have been on a search to learn more about cars and green technology and the auto show was a great place for me to do hands-on car research without driving around wasting my own gas or talking to over zealous sales people at a local dealership.
For me being at the auto show was similar to attending an awards show where only the best and most popular are recognized. No need to worry about sour lemons, car makers bring their best cars with the most popular features and new innovations to show to potential customers. At the auto show I was able to see cars that I could only dream of owning as well as cars that look great and are affordable too. It gave me a chance to see many different brands in one location and find out more about their new features and new models. The show also gave me the opportunity to meet different of car fans who love their cars and are willing to share their insider knowledge.
It can be easy to get caught up while looking at so many cars, but keep these top features in mind when looking for your next car:
- Ultrasonic Rear park assist – This feature has sensors that will alert drivers when they are approaching an object too closely while parking. If you drive with children in the car, this feature can help you better focus on parking.
- Back up camera – Many accidents are caused while a car is in reverse. The back up camera is similar to having eyes behind your head and will give you a convenient view while driving in reverse.
- Fuel efficiency – Gas prices can fluctuate, but fuel efficiency will keep you happy when other petrol consumers are in limbo. This will allow families to better budget and track their fuel intake.
- Front Fog Lamps – The light from the fog lamps helps the driver see better when dense fog is present.
- Self Seal Tires – The 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV will have Michelin self-sealing tires, which will seal around nails and small holes.
- Stibilitrak – Gives the driver confidence that the car will go in the direction of the steering wheel, which provides better traction control.
- Engine Immobilizer Theft Deterrent System – Ensures that drivers will feel safer from the threat of theft. The Engine Immobilizer works because each key is coded for a specific car. For example, if someone tries to use a different key that isn’t coded correctly, the engine will not start.
- Remote keyless entry/ Remote start – Provides convenience and flexibility.
- Heated seats and heated steering wheel – This is one of my favorite features, it’s like have a heated pad traveling with you.
- Connectivity such as:
- Roadside Assistance – Services like OnStar provide families with added reassurance that their needs will be met if something goes wrong. No more standing on the side of a highway trying to repair a flat tire.
- Advanced phone integration
- Siri eyes free
- (Bluetooth, USB port, or auxiliary input jack)
- OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS Navigation
2016 Washington Auto Show Information
Tickets & Prices
|Children (6 – 12 yrs)||$5.00|
|Ages 5 & under||FREE|
|*Show entry included with purchase
of VIP Tour ticket
Hours and Dates
Show Dates & Updated Hours
|Tuesday, Jan. 26||12:00PM – 9:00PM|
|Wednesday, Jan. 27||10:00AM – 9:00PM|
|Thursday, Jan. 28||10:00AM – 9:00PM|
|Friday, Jan. 29||10:00AM – 10:00PM|
|Saturday, Jan. 30||9:00AM – 10:00PM|
|Sunday, Jan. 31||9:00AM – 6:00PM|
|(No entry one hour prior to show closing)|
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place, NW
Washington, D.C., 20001
Click here for METRO information
* This event was sponsored by Chevrolet and She Buys Cars. All opinions expressed are my own.
This post is sponsored by lightingshoes.net. Summer is ...