When my daughter’s were first-born, I had the cutest room in mind, but I didn’t know how to bring that image to fruition. The smell of paint nauseated me and I had trouble deciding the exact shade. After looking at a few magazines, I stumbled across wall decals. I didn’t realize that they were so popular, but I loved them because of their professional appearance and how easy they were to use. Vinyl wall art decals transformed our daughters’ room. If you are thinking of children room decorations for your house, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
What are wall decals?
Wall decals are usually vinyl stickers that have various designs, patterns and colors imprinted on them and are used for decorating the walls of the rooms. Usually, a single color is used in such wall decals but we can even have wall decals for bedrooms with multiple vibrant colors to create a playful mood.
Wall decals are generally preferred because of their affordability and of course, easier to install features. This is the main reason we like tree wall decals for our bedrooms. The tree wall decals can easily hold fast to the walls and can be effortlessly readjusted or removed to suit our needs quite well. They are super easy to wash and hence are suitable even for the kids’ bedrooms. Tree decals are popular and trending too and work well for room themes that emphasize growth.
Which decals should I use for various situations and moods?
The wall decals for bedroom come in various designs and patterns to suit the feel, mood, tastes and preferences of people. All of us won’t like the same design on the walls of our bedrooms and hence is the appeal of the variety that these wall decals offer. Decals can vary significantly; for instance one person may prefer vintage photo frame tree stickers and others cute and cuddly animals, regardless, I am sure there is a decal that suits almost everyone’s’ preferences. Below we will discuss some of the most commonly preferred wall decal style:
- Rejuvenate the interior using kids’ wall stickers: It is a common idea that kids will never prefer the ordinary decals that we adults prefer to have on our bedroom walls. The walls of the kids’ bedroom are the best decorated with decals featuring cartoon characters, Disney characters, animals, birds, colorful flowers, fairy tale stories, etc. The color choice should be on the bright side with soft texture to create a smooth environment.
- Wall decals for adolescents: We should always keep in mind that adolescents are quite serious about their choices and preferences and this should show in the wall decals of their bedrooms too. Boys generally prefer their wall decals to feature their favorite sport personalities, rock-stars, leaders, actors and actresses. However, the girls generally prefer to have animated characters, dreamy celebrities, bright and beautiful flowers portrayed on their wall decals for the bedroom.
- Wall decals for baby girls: Baby girls are often attracted to princess themed wall decals, folk-lore characters, stars and moonlit skies, butterflies and the outdoors etc. Pink is essentially and usually the color for the bright background of the decorative decals. Other bright and soft colors can also be an option.
- Flower decals: The flower decals are good for any age and any gender and they can be also used to decorate the rooms of us adults. Bright colored flowers are sure to bring hope and instill happiness.
- Shop Customized decals: It often happens so that we have images of special moments that we want portrayed large on our walls. And the best way to do this is to imprint them on the wall decals for bedroom. The smooth finish of the decals combined with a high-resolution image will undoubtedly make the special moment look very, very special. The customized decals are the best option when one is in doubt or already has an idea in mind.
With the large variety of wall decals for bedroom available online, it’s OK to splurge or choose several. Thankfully, wall decals are cheap which gives us the choice of changing the décor of the room spontaneously. Decals are great because that are easy to remove and install, so choose wisely.
Reader Question: How do you decide which wall decals are best for your home?
It might be time for us to consider ...