In a quote from Former President Ronald Reagan, I am reminded that “freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Our children are looking to us for direction about how to cope and navigate in a world that will judge them based on their appearance, and not based on their characters. By praying daily we can help them weather the daily blows that life will send their way.
I would love to be able to protect my children 100% of the time, but reality sets-in and I realize that I will not always be around them. Every day I turn on the news, I realize that if my children are going to survive in this world, I have to keep a prayer in my heart. The days, when school was a safe haven and protected environment are no longer a guarantee. Although this is reality, we cannot live in gloom afraid of what could happen; instead, we have to help our children make intelligent decisions. We should teach them how to choose encouraging friends and how to ask for help when things are not going well.
Thus, here are 5 tips to start praying for your children today:
1. Early Morning Prayer for Individuals
2. Mid-Day Prayer for your Child’s Health and Protection
3. Afternoon prayer for your child’s choice of friends and interactions with others
4. Evening prayer for academic success, proper decision-making skills, and effective discipline
5. At bedtime pray for guidance, peace of mind, and determination
Black Love in The Photograph Movie is Beautiful ...