This is Episode 23 of the CleverlyChanging Podcast. Millennial moms Elle and Miriam talk to our featured guest Sly Tha Deace, who is a homeschool graduate, author, and musician.
Here’s His Official bio
This man is definitely a homeschool success. He is a self-published author of two books, a successful songwriter who used music to pay his way through college, a business owner and investor, plus a huge comic book fan. His message let’s “get” money is about understanding and leveraging your finances instead of just working yourself to death trying to collect money. Born in the beautiful state of Colorado and currently living in the great state of Texas.
Support This Podcast
The African proverb for this week’s podcast:
“If you close your eyes to facts, you will learn through accidents.”
Word of the Episode (1:47)
Kuumba means creativity in Swahili.
Grown Folks Convo (2:12)
We wanted to share with you all a conversation that we had with someone who has benefited from being homeschooled. We’re sure you will thoroughly enjoy the conversation and learn more about how one student was able to benefit from his homeschool experience. If you have questions, please be sure to let us know what they are in the comment section.
- How long were you homeschooled? And how was your transition into traditional schooling?
- What were some of the greatest strengths that you learned while being homeschooled?
- You sometimes refer to yourself as a nerd, the term nerd is often positive? Why is nerd one of your words of choice?
- How did homeschooling nurture your creativity/creative process?
- Sometimes it can be hard to find a comfortable place in the world as a kid. Can you share any tips on how kids can cope with being bullied?
- What did you study while you were in college?
- You paid your way through college after being homeschooled, can you share with us how you were able to make money and enough not to be a broke college student with tons of debt?
- Tell us about your book and how people can purchase it: MillionsNowAndLater.com. Also, follow Sly on Instagram at https://instagram.com/motivatedmister.
Follow Sly and see his homeschool success in action
- Free Gift from Sly Tha Deuce at Millionsnowandlater.com
- Follow our guest on Instagram at Instagram.com/motivatedmister
Have you found a resource that perfectly helps you prepare for homeschool review time? If so, share it in the comment section below.
- Download a free chapter of Sly Tha Deuces book: Millionsnowandlater.com
- Free Garden Science Unit
- Tips on how to put the portfolio together
- Here is a link to some of our cost-effective resources
We Need You To Share This Podcast
Also, please tell your friends about our podcast. While we love having a conversation with each other, we truly want to build a community with great resources and information. If you know someone who has children, tell them. Our tips and tricks are beneficial to parents who homeschool and those who are interested in supplementing the education of their children.
Furthermore, wherever you are listening to this podcast, please leave us a review.
Share this Podcast on Pinterest
Listen to and Share Past Episodes
Lastly, if you want to hear more about homeschooling and how we have managed to make it work, please check out our past episodes. Also, where ever you listen to our podcast please leave us a review.
- Episode 22 – Goal Setting with Your Kids Ep 22
- Episode 21 – The Process of Keeping A Homeschool Portfolio Ep 21
- Episode 20 – Don’t Be Afraid to Ask for Help
- Episode 19 – College Counselor Jewel Walwyn Talks Planning for the Future
- Episode 18 – How to Get your Homeschooler Ready for College
- Episode 17 – Questions from Our Listeners
- Episode 16 – Learn to Love Math
- Episode 15 – Are You Comfortable Homeschooling
- Episode 14 – Starting a New School Year
- Episode 13 – Homeschooling As A Family
- Episode 12 – Protecting our Children part 2
- Episode 11 – Protecting Our Kids from predators
- Episode 10 – The Cleverly Cultured Kids Discuss Discipline
- Episode 9 – Important Health Tips for Kids and Families
- Episode 8 – How to Handle Stress While Homeschooling
- Episode 7 – How Do You Discipline Children?
- Episode 6 – Transitioning to Homeschool
- Episode 5 – Homeschool Coops and Support
- Episode 4 – Answers to Your Questions (Paper Vs. Computer)
- Episode 3 – Our Educational Experience
- Episode 2 – Homeschooling and Unschooling
- Episode 1 – Resolutions
Also, you can also follow our social channels:
Subscribe to the Cleverly Changing Podcast
Additional directories:SoundCloud | Spotify | iHeart Radio | Stitcher | TuneIn
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Click ...