This is a sponsored post.
This week my mom has been on my mind. She is 80 now and many of her friends are not as mobile as they use to be. What I love the most about my mother is her love for other people. She is a hero in my life and legendary in the community I grew up in. If she saw people in need she did everything in her power to help them have a better quality of life.
Here are 18 legendary lessons that I learned from my mother and I want my daughters to learn from me:
- Conquer the world because you can – You choose your own destiny, not me, your father, or anyone else; you determine what you want your life to be like.
- Beauty is on the inside –An intelligent girl is far more beautiful than one who is not.
- Your appearance is a reflection of what you think of your inner self.
- Your actions have consequences – I would love to shield you from all hurt and pain, but mistakes will be made and that’s OK, just evaluate every decision you make before you decide to act.
- Never stop learning because the world will constantly change.
- You are my hero – although I’m the mom and had many years on this earth, I love the way you see the world. I love your zeal to explore new things and help others.
- Never lose your imagination. Be fearless and take calculated risks.
- Be compassionate – Never be too busy that you forget about the needs of others.
- Let no one else determine what success means in your life, but you. Be proud to be the person you are. Plan out your future and step-by-step, become the person you were meant to be.
- Your attitude matters –Even though you may encounter obstacles, remain levelheaded and patient.
- Lead by example. You are a natural born leader; take that responsibility seriously by owning it. Seek knowledge and be willing to listen to wise instruction when necessary.
- Learn from the mistakes you see around you.
- Always dream. You will never get bored with life if you are always pushing to achieve your goals.
- It is important to treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Education is not an option. As Grandma always says, “Learn, baby learn.”
- Dare to be different. You are brilliant, follow the rules, but it is OK to chart a new path.
- Always be willing to refine your character as needed. This will take a lifetime.
- Never forget me. I would give you the world if I could, but instead, I have taught how to successfully navigate this world. Don’t forget the lessons I have instilled within you.
Using the mobile app, you never have to enter the store, a worker will bring your order right to you.
Enter to win McDonald’s for Life
Speaking of legends, another legend in my community is McDonalds. I remember looking forward to apple pies as kid and getting a toy in my happy meal, they always made me smile. Well, McDonald’s is giving back to the community in an awesome way. They are offering one winner a change to win a prize worth $52,350. So now is your chance to win the legendary McGOLD card for your chance to have get free McDonald’s, for life!”
(1) Prize: McDonald’s food for life (for winner only), up to two meals per week for fifty(50) years, awarded as a $1,000 credit on winner’s McDonald’s App and $35,400 cash, plus $15,600 to offset taxes on the prize, awarded as a check for $51,000. Winner will also receive a custom gold-plated phone case. Total ARV: $52,350. Winner may choose a cash alternative of $1,000 in lieu of $1,000 App credit, added to check.
— Cleverly Changing (@Cleverlychangin) August 21, 2018
How to Enter: Customers must download the McDonald’s App and place an order via Mobile Order & Pay from Aug. 10 through Aug. 24 for a chance to win free craveable and delicious McDonald’s for life.
There is no purchase necessary. See rules for details.
***The great thing is, customers will receive one entry every time you use Mobile Order & Pay.***
Facts about the App
- The McDonald’s App adds another layer of convenience for customers, with exclusive deals on their favorite foods and useful features like Mobile Order & Pay, which puts more choice and control into the hands of our customers.
- Via Mobile Order & Pay, customers can pick up their order however they want: curbside, inside the restaurant or the drive thru.
- McDonald’s uses geofencing technology to determine when customers are nearby so their food is freshly prepared and delivered hot.
- McDonald’s is building a better McDonald’s. Innovation and technology are at the center of this transformation – from McDelivery to kiosks and digital menu boards in our restaurants. McDonald’s is serving up the food customers crave with the convenience they love.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Network Niche Influencer Agency and McDonald’s.
Please pin this post
My favorite time of the year is Christmas ...