Vitamins and protein are very important to a person’s diet. After being a vegetarian for 20 years, I’ve recognized that getting the right nutrients in the morning is critical to daily balance. Being a busy working mom I don’t always have a lot of time to prepare a full course homecooked breakfast every day. Therefore, setting aside a few minutes to blend some fruits and vegetables is important for nutritional balance.
This breakfast smoothie kept me energized all day. I was focused and productive and I didn’t feel the urge to snack on unhealthy chips or candy between meals. So I had the smoothie below for breakfast and then a heart-healthy lunch and dinner during the evening.
The apples really helped sweeten the smoothie, so my kids weren’t concerned about the spinach I put in it.
- 2c Apple
- 1c Pineapple (frozen)
- 1c Strawberries (frozen)
- 1c Spinach
- 1/2c Parsley
- 1c Mango 100% Juice (base optional water or a different kind of juice)
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Moringa Powder
- Add your mango juice and then your apples, pineapple, strawberries, spinach, parsley, etc. blend for 1 minute or until completely liquified. Serve in your favorite glass.
Vitamins in the Breakfast Smoothie
- Apple – Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate (folic acid)
- Pineapple – Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Folate (folic acid), manganese, and copper
- Strawberries – Iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, vitamin K, and vitamin E, vitamin C, manganese, folate (B9) and potassium
- Spinach – vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, vitamin C, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc, protein and choline
- Parsley – vitamin K and vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin A, folate and iron
- Flaxseed – manganese, vitamin B1, and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, also known as ALA or omega-3
- Moringa Powder – Iron and vitamins E & K and a source of vitamin E, protein, fiber and calcium
For more basic whole food vitamin breakdowns see Lenntech.com
What are your favorite ingredients for making a green smoothie?
Are you experiencing a problem with chronic stress, ...