If I had a picture of myself at 5 years old, I would insert it here. I was skinny, knock-kneed, and I wore big blue plastic eyeglasses. I was teased: called ugly, nerdy, and four-eyes. Hearing insults from my classmates everyday caused me to have low self-esteem. My glasses made me feel different and they made me stand out. I was a nerd, but unfortunately, back then being a nerd wasn’t cool. Needless to say I was far from being the cool kid in school. Because of this when I took my daughters to get their eyes examined and the doctor said that one of my daughters needed to wear glasses, I was concerned.
The experience brought back old feelings that I had tried to bury. I pouted internally because my little girl already has health conditions that make her feel different, and now she has to wear glasses too. However, to my surprise, my daughter was excited. She was so happy to wear glasses like her mom. She then turned to me and said, “Mom we’re going to be so cool.”
Ha! My daughter filled my heart with so much joy that day. Thankfully, she doesn’t possess the same insecurities that I had. Instead, she makes challenges cool. Glasses are the new cool, I began telling myself. Here are five ways to make your kid feel cool if they need glasses.
5 Ways To Make Your Child’s Glasses Experience Cool
- Let your kids pick frames they love. Online shops like discountglasses.com carry stylish frames that are cheaper price than many retail stores.
- Give your children decorative cases that they will want to keep with them.
- Get them sunglasses or transitions so they feel ok wearing glasses in the sun. Younger kids should have a strap to keep their glasses on their faces during sports and other activities.
- Compliment your children. Kids enjoy compliments just like us adults so tell them they look fabulous! If you’re trying to find the best deals take your child to an eyeglass shop and try on different frames, then search online to find a similar pair.
DiscountGlasses.com Makes Ordering simple
- Large selection to choose from.
- Lots of add-ones such as Lightweight, Anti-Reflective, Scratch-Resistant, UV-Protective, Roll & Polish Edge, Transitions ©
- Easy to use search and favorites tool.
- Discount code when you opt-in and subscribe to receive emails.
- Free 365 Day Guarantee return policy.
- Free case and lens cleansing cloth
- When ordering online, you can even send in your prescription to make sure you lenses are exactly right.
Disclosure Statement: <a href=”discountglasses.com“>Discount Glasses</a> partners with bloggers such as me to help promote their line of glasses. As part of the program, I received a complimentary gift or gift cards. <a href=”https://lightingshoes.
Related articles across the web
Hurray!!! I’m an ambassador for Minefaire DC. Come ...