This post was shared in partnership with Unlimited Possibilities Company Fam Tours.
Did you know that a restaurant could be certified as organic? Until I visited fruitive, an all organic restaurant, I wasn’t aware that restaurants could receive this type of certification. In fact, Fruitive is unique because it is the First Certified Organic Fast Casual Restaurant in North America.
Who Provided Fruitive With the Organic Certification?
Fruitive is one of the few restaurants certified organic by Oregon Tilth. According to their website:
Oregon Tilth is a leading nonprofit certifier, educator and advocate for organic agriculture and products since 1974. Our mission to make our food system and agriculture biologically sound and socially equitable requires us to find practical ways to tackle big challenges. We advance this mission to balance the needs of people and planet through focus on core areas of certification, conservation, social equity, policy and the marketplace. (“About Us, Organic Agriculture | Oregon Tilth”)
What intrigued me most about Fruitive?
If you’re an avid reader of Cleverly Changing, then I’m sure you know that healthy living is a life goal of mine, so knowing there are restaurants that share my own values reassures me. The fruitive restaurant I visited was the one located in the heart of Center City in Washington, DC. Immediately, the quaint, intimate setting comforted me. The sophisticated yet simple decor provides the perfect ambiance for an afternoon lunch or a date with friends. When you have time, definitely check out their list of fresh foods served from the menus.
Overall, there were 5 characteristics of the restaurant that stood out to me about @fruitive , which are as follows:
- The restaurant makes healthy food look and tastes cool. Organic food is the epitome of yummy goodness.
- The myth that healthy vegetarian food will taste like dirt and is unappetizing is immediately debunked. Fruitive has original entrées that will help you look at your favorite foods in a whole new way.
- Eating out and eating organic is possible.
- Learning about the history of the restaurant helps me understand that families working together to create a shared vision can produce an incredible outcome.
- Cherish and enjoy eating fresh, raw, organic foods because healthy living is a lifestyle. It is also the wave of the future. Of course, Fruitive is setting a great standard for all the delicious certified organic restaurants to come.
Learn more about Fruitive
Whenever you’re in Washington, DC stop by fruitive for some of their healthy treats.
- Visit their three locations: Fruitive (1094 Palmer Alley NW Washington, District of Columbia 20001), Fruitive (100 E. Main Street Norfolk, Virginia 23510), and Fruitive (740 Hilltop North Shopping Ctr Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451).
- Connect with them on Facebook.
- Connect with them on Instagram.
(1.) “About Us, Organic Agriculture | Oregon Tilth”. Oregon Tilth. N.p., 2017. Web. 2 June 2017.
This post was shared in partnership with Unlimited Possibilities Company Fam Tours. All opinions shared are my own.
Related articles across the web
I love living in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) areas because there is always something to do. There are many family ...
This post is sponsored by lightingshoes.net. Summer is ...