Have you been using the same insurance company for years, without ever seriously comparing other options? Do you continue to pay your car insurance monthly or annually, without researching if you qualify for discounts at your own insurance company? Unfortunately, you may qualify for extra discounts, but if you don’t contact your insurance company to ask about how their discounts can benefit your policy the money could be lost. So, stop losing money and save proactively.
Recently, we were in the same boat, we kept using the same company out of convenience without researching which discounts we qualified for . Below are a few discounts available at many car insurance companies, if you qualify, your rates can be lowered:
Are you a safe driver? Have you avoided accidents within the last 3 years? If you can answer yes to these questions, then you are probably eligible for a safe driving discount with your insurance company. Check out even more discounts available:
- Premier discount Save up to 22% for driving 3 years without any violations or accidents.
- Premier plus discount – Save up to 35% for driving 60 months without any violations or accidents.
- Safe drivers discount – Your safe driving habits could save you up to 45% on car insurance.
- teenSMART discount – Save up to 10% when your teen successfully completes the teenSMART driver education program.
- Defensive driver discount – Drivers who are 25 years old, have completed six or more hours of defensive driving courses and have no violations and no at-fault claims can save up to 10%.
- Anti-lock brake discount – When your car is equipped with anti-lock brakes, you’ll score a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft discount – Secure more savings with an anti-theft device in your car—up to 10%.
- New car discount – Save up to 30% if you’re the first owner of the vehicle and your car is only two years old.
- Economy car discount – You could save some green for driving green. Insuring an economy car could help you ear
- Passive restraint discount – If your car came from the factory with airbags and motorized seatbelts, you could save up to 30%.
- Utility discount – Save up to 15% when you own a utility vehicle with a model year of 2002 and prior. (source)
Other Discounts Available
- Multi-Policy Discount – When you combine Travelers auto, home and boat insurance, you may save on each policy.
- Home Ownership Discount – If you own your own home or condo, you may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-Car Discount – You could benefit from this discount if you insure more than one car with Travelers.
- Paid-In-Full Discount – If you select a paid-in-full bill plan and pay your auto policy premium in full, you could receive a discount.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Discount – If you pay your bill via EFT, you could receive a discount.
- Continuous Insurance Discount – If you have been continuously insured for a certain period of time, you could receive a discount.
- Early Quote Discount – By planning ahead and obtaining an advance Travelers quote, you could save money.
- Affinity Discount – If you are an employee or member of a participating business, association or credit union, you could receive a discount.
- New Car Discount – If you own a car that’s less than three years old, you may qualify for this discount.
- Hybrid Discount – You could get a discount on insurance for your hybrid vehicle.
- Electric Vehicle Discount – You could get a discount on insurance for your electric vehicle.
- Driver Training Discount – Drivers under age 21 who complete a driver-training course may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Drivers age 16 – 25 may qualify for a discount for having good grades (A/B average).
- Student Away at School Discount – If you have a dependent under age 25 that goes to school at least 100 miles away, you may qualify for this discount. (Source)
We could all use a few extra bucks each month, but most of us don’t have extra time to spend working longer hours. If you are looking for more money to pay debt down, save more, or buy something special consider shopping around for your car insurance. We’re saving hundreds of dollars each year, now that I’ve done my research.
Medical malpractice is a broad, umbrella term that ...