- THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY – In theaters August 8, 2014
- Like THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/100footjourneymovie
- Follow THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY on Twitter: https://twitter.com/the100ftJourney
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/thehundredfootjourney
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/100FtJourney
In “The Hundred-Foot Journey,” Hassan Kadam (Manish Dayal) is a culinary ingénue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. Displaced from their native India, the Kadam family, led by Papa (Om Puri), settles in the quaint village of Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val in the south of France. Filled with charm, it is both picturesque and elegant – the ideal place to settle down and open an Indian restaurant, the Maison Mumbai. That is, until the chilly chef proprietress of Le Saule Pleureur, a Michelin starred, classical French restaurant run by Madame Mallory (Academy Award®-winner Helen Mirren), gets wind of it. Her icy protests against the new Indian restaurant a hundred feet from her own escalate to all out war between the two establishments – until Hassan’s passion for French haute cuisine and for Mme. Mallory’s enchanting sous chef, Marguerite (Charlotte Le Bon), combine with his mysteriously delicious talent to weave magic between their two cultures and imbue Saint-Antonin with the flavors of life that even Mme. Mallory cannot ignore. At first Mme. Mallory’s culinary rival, she eventually recognizes Hassan’s gift as a chef and takes him under her wing.
“The Hundred-Foot Journey” abounds with flavors that burst across the tongue. A stimulating triumph over exile, blossoming with passion and heart, with marjoram and madras, it is a portrayal of two worlds colliding and one boy’s drive to find the comfort of home, in every pot, wherever he may be.
Directed by Lasse Hallström, and starring Academy Award-winner Helen Mirren, “The Hundred-Foot Journey” is produced by Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey and Juliet Blake. The executive producers are Caroline Hewitt and Carla Gardini. The screenplay is written by Steven Knight, based on the novel “The Hundred-Foot Journey” by Richard C. Morais.
- Cast: Helen Mirren, Manish Dayal, Om Puri, Charoltte Le Bon
- Director: Lasse Hallström
- Producer: Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey, Juliet Blake
- Executive Producer: Caroline Hewitt, Carla Gardini
- Co-Producer: Raphael Benoliel
- Screenplay by: Steven Knight
- Based on: The novel “The Hundred-Foot Journey” by Richard C. Morais
- Genre: Comedy/Drama
RECIPES FROM THE ONE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY
***I sincerely wish there was a vegetarian version for these recipes, but I guess I will have get in the kitchen and explore on my own. ***
Medeleines recipe from the 100 Foot Journey
Tandoori Chicken Wings Recipe from the 100 Foot Journey
Quiche Lorraine recipe from the 100 Foot Journey:
Beef Bourguinon a la Hassan recipe from the 100 Foot Journey:
*This is not a sponsored post.
Suffering from allergies is no fun. There are some days when you just can’t seem to be able to leave your ...
What’s in a name? Malala Yousafzai was named after a Pashtun heroine. She is living up to and, some would argue, ...
My girls and I enjoyed watching Smurfs: The ...