If you like Amazon.com and you’re a student with a valid .edu email account, you can get free 2-day shipping for 6 months with their Amazon Prime membership for students, just sign-up for an Amazon student account.
This is a great deal because shipping can be costly and an Amazon Prime Membership generally costs about $59.99 per year for students and $79.99/ month for everyone else.
*At the end of the FREE six months Prime membership, the Amazon Student membership will automatically upgrade to a full Prime student membership and the credit-card on file will be charged $59.99/year. If you don’t want the automatic charge select “Do not upgrade.”
After the 6 month trial period, you will only need to pay $6.49 per month. That a amount can seem costly for a student, but in my opinion it’s totally worth it.
Here is a break down of prime benefits as of (October 2018)
- Prime Now: Free 2-hour delivery (and discount 1-hour delivery) for tens of thousands of products from local stores in select cities, using a special Android or iOS app.
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Prime Pantry: Low-priced grocery, household and pet care items delivered for a flat fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry virtual box (up to 45 pounds of goods).
- Video game discounts: 20 percent off new game discs during preorder and for two weeks after release.
- Prime Early Access: 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new sales on MyHabit.com.
- Kindle First: Free access (before the official release date) to a new book from Kindle First picks each month.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: Hundreds of thousands of Amazon’s Kindle e-books are available for a free one-month checkout. (Note: This perk is not available to Amazon Student members during the six-month free trial.)
- Prime Instant Video: Unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes, including Amazon’s original shows and older HBO content. (Note: This is not available to Amazon Student members during the six-month free trial.)
- Prime Music: Unlimited, ad-free access to more than 1.5 million songs. Users can stream on demand or allow Amazon to select songs based on their taste (as with Pandora). (Note: This is not available to Amazon Student members during the six-month free trial.)
***Updated post Oct 2018***
In Episode 95 of the Cleverly Changing Podcast, we discuss how to create homeschool lesson plans for your student. WE’VE GOT ...
Have you been searching for gifts? Are you trying to stay on budget? Do you have few moments to plan ...
If you like Amazon.com and you’re a student with a valid .edu email account, you can get free 2-day shipping for ...
Parents if you have not started shopping for next summer and fall, take advantage of this 25% off Friends and Family ...
With the countless tips, tools and hacks out ...