This was my first time trying a Weight Watchers Smart Ones meal. Although, I’ve seen Smart Ones frozen meals in the store, I was too skeptical to try a box, because I didn’t think the meal would be healthy or taste good. However, after I tried Smart Ones Sante Fe Style Rice & Beans and I was pleasantly surprised. I chose a meal that I liked and was similar to something I would make for myself.
What I Like Most about SmartOnes
- Vegetarian options are available
- Easy to make in the microwave
- Quick and healthy lunch options
- Their meals are a part of Weight Watchers so you don’t have to worry if you are on a diet or counting points
- Only 8 points on the Weight Watchers scale
- Tastes good
- Small portion size
- Almost filling. (I generally, eat more calories because my meals are usually not processed and they do not contain meat so it takes a little more food to fill me up.)
- Would I buy it again? Yes, I thought it was pretty good so I would purchase it again; especially because it is easy to eat while I am busy. Although this was out of my element and not something I would normally purchase I liked it.
Santa Fe Style Rice & Beans
Disclosure: SocialChorus provided me with a free coupon in exchange for my honest opinion.
For a $3.00 off of 10 Weight Watchers Smart Ones Coupon join the Eat your best community to print your coupon.
Make Your Own
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice (preferably pre-cooked)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
- 2 cups 2 of Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup of cut green onions/scallions
Cook your brown rice first. Let the rice cool and then combine all of the ingredients except the cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 – 10 minutes.
Are you looking for a fun family documentary ...