- 10-12 Salad leaves (I used mixed greens, but I also like using baby spinach or green lettuce)
- 1 Red Onion (Thinly sliced into rings, omit for kids)
- 1 Cucumber (Sliced into rings)
- 2-3 Large Carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 celery stalk (sliced)
- 1 Avocado (sliced small)
- 1 Red pepper (sliced small)
- 1 Ground Flex seeds
- Top with (dried mix fruits without added sugar such as raisins, apricots, apples, etc.)
- A dash of lemon juice
- Dressing of choice
Wash your lettuce or mixed greens. I usually purchase mine at Costco because it last longer, is fresher, and organic. Even though the greens come nicely packaged I still like to rinse it off before it is served. I use a salad spinner to shake off the moisture which helps the salad to last longer. Slice and dice all of your vegetables to the size of choice. My children are 3 so I try to cut them small enough that they will not have any problems chewing their veggies. Arrange the vegetables in a large bowl. Toss and add the toppings of choice into each individual bowl.
It is getting warmer and I am craving fresh salads. As a vegetarian, I get tired of the same type of ...
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA SALAD RECIPE Nutritional Value Barrilla ...